First time pictures using Canon A720IS in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sasscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
Have never taken an underwater picture in my life before these. We did 34 dives in 9 days in Bonaire. Just got back 2 days ago and already want to go back! I took over 1200 pictures!!! :D I like these the best so far. Tell me what you think. No strobe just camera in Canon housing taken in depths from 25 feet to 125 feet. Thanks Scott.:D
GreenMorayBonaire.jpg

EagleRayBonaire.jpg

crab2.jpg

crab.jpg

Bluetangs.jpg

Angelblue.jpg

Angelsmall.jpg

Angellarge-1.jpg

Largeangel.jpg

PurpleAnenome.jpg

purplesponges.jpg

Sharkback.jpg

Sharkfront.jpg

Shrimp.jpg

SlipperLobster.jpg

Tarpon.jpg

turtle.jpg

yellowsponges.jpg

yellowtang.jpg

Scubame.jpg

Wow Scott, great shots...where did you see the shark?

Liz

Thanks Liz. It was at Aquarius in about 75 feet of water.

Great shots. Thanks for sharing. What settings did you typically use? I'm curious as I'm considering buying the same camera.

I used settings suggested by Diver85........Try shooting in Av, use the flash of the camera, leave the ISO on 80(lowest), white balance on UW setting, macro all the time, F-stop on 2.8 to 4(try several different ones & edit on the go)--- that ought to get it.......I used 2.8 on almost every picture.

I used settings suggested by Diver85........Try shooting in Av, use the flash of the camera, leave the ISO on 80(lowest), white balance on UW setting, macro all the time, F-stop on 2.8 to 4(try several different ones & edit on the go)--- that ought to get it.......I used 2.8 on almost every picture.

Nice shots. I have the same camera and I think your first batch turned out much better than mine. I'll have to try these settings next time out and see how I do.

Nice!

What's the name of the little puffer in the next to last shot (following the yellow fishy)? I kept calling them Toby, they were all over in January but I think I was wrong. One of my little favorites.

Also what the heck is the #2 in your second post??? Am I looking at it the wrong way or what?? :)

(ups, I was supposed to post this under your ABC thread...)

Nice!

What's the name of the little puffer in the next to last shot (following the yellow fishy)? I kept calling them Toby, they were all over in January but I think I was wrong. One of my little favorites.

Also what the heck is the #2 in your second post??? Am I looking at it the wrong way or what?? :)

I don't know about the (toby) fish but the other is a slipper lobster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom