First set of regs recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lunacy

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all
Have just bought a Tusa Liberator BCD, and am now looking for a set of regs.
Ive been looking aroung the LDS here in New Zealand, and their prices seem far higher than say online at Leisurepro.
Im looking for a reasonably priced set of regs for recreational diving, hunting crayfish and scallops in water from tropical down to around 10-12 degrees celcius.
I need to stick to the more common brands such as Tusa, Mares, Scubapro, Oceanic for service reasons.
I was looking at the Tusa RS-520 1st and 2nd stage, with a Tusa Platina 2 octi, and Oceanic VEO 100 computer/gauge combo.
Does anyone have any comments on this setup, or recommendations of other gear that is similarly priced?
Any help/comments/opinions appreciated.

From scubapro I like the MK17/G250V it's an awesome Reg. breaths great very reliable can be used in warm or cold waters without issue

+1 for the SP Mk17/G250V. I also have a Mk25/S600 that I love. It has never frozen or free flowed on me here in Seattle. Our water is very much like yours :)

Thanks for the scubapro recommendations guys, but unfortunately those regs are well out of my price range :( Hadnt even considered looking on ebay

Atomics! I have their lowest end Z2. I think it can go against even the most expensive regs out there.

I second the Atomics recommendation. I have their B2 and my wife has their Z2. Would be happy to dive either. The Z2X gives you the swivel option as well. Nice regs!!

If there are LDS there who can service an apeks, I suggest that you likewise seriously consider them. If price is a major consideration, you can opt for an apeks xtx or atx 50 which performs relatively at par with that of an xtx 200.

I'm also looking for a good set of entry level 1st+2nd stage regs that will work in cold water 1-2 times per month, also with a hose for dry suit. Any recommendations?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom