First of the month! TEST YOUR CARBON MONOXIDE AND SMOKE ALARMS.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the reminder! Just tested all my alarms, including my Forensics Detectors CO Meter. It's a great little device - super sensitive and portable. !

ALMOST FIRST OF THE MONTH...!

I'll be out of town for a few days so let me post this now. Test all Smoke & CO alarms! The directions that came with them said to test weekly, but do it at least monthly. Push those buttons...!

AND CHECK THE MANUFACTURE DATES ON THE BACK. Your units may give an end-of-life beep that you may not understand, but check the dates now. Different units claim to be good for 5, 7, or 10 years, One of mine was purchased in December 2015 so I replaced it. My other two were made in 2018 & 2019 so I'll replace one next year and one the year following unless I get end-of-life beeps sooner.

000.jpg

One of mine was purchased in December 2015 so I replaced it.
Ha! I ordered a cheap one for $12 as this is to be a backup for my other two, and it failed in two weeks. I filed a request to return it on my Walmart account and they refunded me immediately without returning it. They said to keep it or whatever. There are many CO & Smoke alarms sold with no company names or names that cannot be found. So much junk. I put it in my electronics to recycle bag to go to Best Buy.

I ordered another unit - a First Alert model.

My replacement new alarm arrived today. It's a First Alert that claims a 10-year lifetime, so I checked the actual manufacture date as May 2024 and wrote on the back with a laundry marker "Exp 4-2034" in case the end-of-life alarm doesn't work.

First of the month: Test all Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarms

We're going to see CO hits after Hurricane Helene...
Why carbon monoxide poisoning is on the rise as extreme weather causes more power outages

Don't run generators in garages, porches, anywhere close to the house...

Houma family rushed to hospital after carbon monoxide poisoning

Boaters need to learn about CO risks, especially at slow speeds and around swimdecks...
About CO Poisoning on Your Boat

Check your hotel alarms on check-in, but most don't have CO alarms so take your own...

Traveling? Remember to check for smoke, carbon monoxide detectors.

Do you own any of these brands of alarms that failed...??

Cars and trucks are major risks so keep them safe...

Reality star died with 64%carboxyhemoglobin in her blood...

Never ignore alarms! Take your phone outside and call 911 from there...
Evergreen settles with family of student who died from carbon monoxide poisoning

Kidde and First Alert are still the leading brands...

7 Best Carbon Monoxide Detectors For Home Safety 2024

Back
Top Bottom