DOES YOUR CHILD'S CLASSROOM HAVE SMOKE & CARBON MONOXIDE ALARMS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
HAVE YOU TESTED THEM YOURSELF? I used to test hotel room alarms before unpacking, but now I carry my own combo alarm and test it to ensure that it works after traveling. My room last weekend had some sort of alarm on the ceiling, out of my reach, but I was fine with my own along with my Sencorcon CO that goes anywhere I go. So many places that should have these cheap alarms don't have them.

The Great State of Texas does not require CO alarms in schools. This state recently added a law requiring them, but it wasn't active yet. Every ambulance in the city was sent...

Multiple children at a Pennsylvania day care were sickened Tuesday morning after carbon monoxide leaked in the building, officials said.

Fire trucks and ambulances responded to Happy Smiles Learning Center in Allentown just before 7 a.m.

Lehigh Valley Hospital - Cedar Crest is treating 14 children and one adult, all of whom were in stable condition, a Lehigh County Hospitals spokesman told Fox News Digital. An additional four children were rushed to Lehigh Valley Hospital 17th Street, the spokesman said. Their conditions were not immediately known.

According to WFMZ-TV, 28 children and four adults were rushed to four nearby hospitals, where they all were in stable condition.

All of Allentown’s ambulances were responding to the leak, according to the station. Multiple children were reportedly carried out of the day care on stretchers and taken to hospitals across the Lehigh Valley.

As some children remained at the scene awaiting transportation, a neighboring day care was allowing the children to stay there and keep warm, the report said.

Officials said that parents have been notified of the incident.

The emergency call was prompted when one child fell unconscious. Responding firefighters detected carbon monoxide and initiated a full evacuation.

Officials told the station that the building had no carbon monoxide detector.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom