First of the month! TEST YOUR CARBON MONOXIDE AND SMOKE ALARMS.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always kinda thought Don was maybe overdoing the CO warning thing, and then that incident happened with the three tourists. I originally thought they OD’ed, but then the CO thing came out.
Then there was a long story somewhere online about the relative infrequency of CO poisonings and deaths but the fact that they definitely occur…they just don’t get reported much.
They don’t happen often, and they usually only affect 1 or 2 people when they do, BUT they happen…
And, let me ask you this, “How lucky are you?” I’m not, so…
…I bought a sixpack of the portable CO detectors from the A store online and started giving the extras to people I know who travel like pilots and roamers who never thought too much about this possibilty.

So thanks Don for being such a nudge about this, and for the rest of yas out there, a six pack of these portable, easily packed critters is under $100 so buy ‘em, keep whatcha need, and gift out the rest.

I always kinda thought Don was maybe overdoing the CO warning thing, and then that incident happened with the three tourists. I originally thought they OD’ed, but then the CO thing came out.
Then there was a long story somewhere online about the relative infrequency of CO poisonings and deaths but the fact that they definitely occur…they just don’t get reported much.
Yeah, I am a fanatic, but then the risk is real, more so in diving into multiple atmospheres. It was surprising to see CO deaths in The Bahamas as balmy as the weather is there, but then the resorts all have water heaters, and their bungalow probably had one in the building rather than being piped from elsewhere. I can only guess that it was methane or propane powered. High-end resorts like theirs usually have pool heaters, and then there is the kitchen.

I bought a sixpack of the portable CO detectors from the A store online and started giving the extras to people I know who travel like pilots and roamers who never thought too much about this possibilty.
That's great. I don't think gifting the units will work as well as convincing others to take that responsibility themselves, but it might work.

Well, everyone understands when I gift ‘em, but I’m not sure they’d ever get one on their own.

It’s kinda like the revival meetings in the woods up here…you can talk all you want about the joys and theory of handling a serpent, but until you have your very own cottonmouth draped around your shoulders, it’s all just words…

Well, everyone understands when I gift ‘em, but I’m not sure they’d ever get one on their own.
It might work, and you might even save someone. At least they got the message, so hopefully they'll carry and use them, then replace them when needed. You were generous in your part.

Manufacture instructions say to test them weekly, but no one is going to do that. Do it at least monthly.

First of the month.
Test all Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarms.

And this is why I try to get everyone I know to take their own CO alarms on any overnight stay, anywhere.

And this is why I carry my Sensorcon CO everywhere I go, even into stores.
Huge scare as 15 people hospitalized after they're 'poisoned at Kohl's'

And just buy a combination Smoke and CO alarms for your kid's classroom...

First of the month
Test your Smoke and
Carbon Monoxide Alarms

Punch those buttons...!!

Does your office have alarms? Probably not...

And hotels rooms usually do not have CO alarms, so take yours...

Fortunately their alarm worked...

And theirs worked...

So it's cold in southern Australia, but don't bring the charcoal grill indoors!

This Cozumel resort went up in flames recently, water pumps and fire extinguishers failed, and none of the rooms had alarms. Travelers need to take their own, really!

First of the month, so test all alarms. The instructions usually say to test weekly, but I doubt that many would consider that.

Three found dead in Millard home of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

This is why I carry an alarm in my car...

CO poisons workers and leaks into apartments...

Everyone should know better than to use a gas-powered generator in the garage...

12 hospitalized for apparent carbon monoxide poisoning at Irving home, officials say

First of the Month
Test Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms
Push those buttons...!

Don't count on a pet to wake you, nor run generators indoors...

Who would have thought that stored wood pellets would be a danger...??

Don't use a stove inside a tent...

Don't leave a vehicle running...

Generators kill so many...

‘Suspicious’ deaths of High Point man and several dogs ruled as carbon monoxide poisoning

First of the month!
TEST YOUR CARBON MONOXIDE AND SMOKE ALARMS.
Push those buttons. Replace weak batteries now.

Also good to pour a quart of vinegar thru your coffee maker and rinse.

Have you used your heater yet this year?

Carbon monoxide poisoning threat higher this time of year​

Does your child's classroom have a CO Alarm, that you test yourself...?

Students sickened by carbon monoxide leak at Kansas City elementary school

I always carry my own alarm on any overnight stay.

That school didn't have CO alarms...

She didn't have a CO alarm...

This is why I carry my Sensorcon in my car...

News Alert: Three teens found dead, carbon monoxide poisoning suspected

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom