First of the month! TEST YOUR CARBON MONOXIDE AND SMOKE ALARMS.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First of the month!
TEST YOUR CARBON MONOXIDE AND SMOKE ALARMS.
Push those buttons. Replace weak batteries now...

bigstock-Testing-Home-Smoke-Alarm-Detec-364332277-min.jpg

First of the month. Test Smoke & Carbon Monoxide alarms.

Press those buttons!

Did you test them on the first of November? Are you sure? If not, this is even more important. Some models suggest weekly tests, but that's a bit much.

AP21206159097423.jpg

I only hope that every household here has a few of each. It's a good idea to test them monthly. So many tragic news stories include non-functioning alarms in the homes where people died.

Push those buttons.

I also like to actually further test my smoke alarms in the fall with real smoke tests. I take them to the driveway with a metal coffee can and rags to burn, fire extinguisher, garden hose, etc. and see how they really react to smoke. I have tested my CO alarms in the garage by remote starting the car with the door still closed, but that's risky,

Monthly button tests are the easiest and safest.

I also run a quart of vinegar thru my coffee maker to remove calcium deposits, every first of the month.
You can remote start your car?

That’s fancy :)

You can remote start your car?

That’s fancy :)
Well, I like it. It's nice in cold or hot weather, but it's a 2007 Impala. I'm sure that many cars have that package and newer ones have nicer ones.

First of the month!

And it's not a bad idea to take one in your vehicle when you leave the house.

Especially important in campers...!

Does your workplace have one? Get it one.

Get one or more for your church.

I carry a Sensorcon everywhere since generally most places don't have CO alarms.

This is why I beg everyone to take Carbon Monoxide alarms for any overnight stay. Many hotels have pool heaters, they all have water heaters, and few will use electricity to heat water - yet hotels rooms do not have Carbon Monoxide alarms.

First of the month!
TEST YOUR CARBON MONOXIDE
AND SMOKE ALARMS.

Push those buttons. Replace weak batteries now...​

Lookie lookie...

First of the month!

Happy Beltane Day!

Enjoy your Fire Festival safely.

And test your Smoke & Cardon Monoxide alarms.

Ensure that you do not have any Kidde TRUE SENSE alarms: Kidde Recalls TruSense Smoke and Combination Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Alarms Due to Risk of Failure to Alert Consumers to a Fire

Or these Universal Security Instruments alarms: Universal Security Instruments Recalls Combination Photoelectric Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarms Due to Risk of Failure to Alert Consumers to Hazardous Levels of Carbon Monoxide

In Michigan: Carbon monoxide poisoning suspected in death of 2 people, dog in Bay County home

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom