First Double Hose Dive In THIRTY YEARS!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And this:

DSCF0593.jpg

I have several of these style manifolds including one with three posts. Flipping the regulator to the left post and reverse mounting it works good, have been doing this now for several years. I am using an old Voit MR12 in this pic.

N

That is a nice looking set. Have they ever been wet? :wink: Wow...they look like they freshly waxed.

Maybe later I will post take a picture of my twin steel 40's with the same valve setup, but with an original style harness.

I got a set of bands from The PeanutKing and I am hoping to get anther one of those valves in the near future. Then I may have to buy a pair of aluminum 50's to make a good looking set like that.

I would prefer steel 50 even if they are not as pretty, but they are hard to find.

Oh, Gilldiver, I think that reversing the valve should still work for all types of dive configurations...even with a single hose...if you must. :wink:
:D

Yeah, I have dived them a bunch but that pic was taken when I just put them together. I dove a bunch of places of with them including SD and with Chuck into that strange Hospitol Hole.

Yeah, steels would be nice but since "certain" people buy every set of small doubles and every Voit regulator bidding them beyond possible value I don't have any. I do like the vintage harness rigs, especially on steel 72s but a plate is hard to beat. I use these with a hosecollar BC for a streamlined and efficient rig. Double hose is not always vintage.

N

Yeah, I have dived them a bunch but that pic was taken when I just put them together. I dove a bunch of places of with them including SD and with Chuck into that strange Hospitol Hole.

Yeah, steels would be nice but since "certain" people buy every set of small doubles and every Voit regulator bidding them beyond possible value I don't have any. I do like the vintage harness rigs, especially on steel 72s but a plate is hard to beat. I use these with a hosecollar BC for a streamlined and efficient rig. Double hose is not always vintage.

N
Amen to that. Even just the bottom plate from a Voit Mariner (a la Sea Hunt) went for upwards of $200 recently. JUST THE BOTTOM PLATE!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom