Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have tried both types of fin. The shop I used to work for had a few diehard split fin users. They were constantly trying to get me to try them... so I did... I gave them an honest try... several brands, several models, several times... you get the idea.

I came away with this...

I found (only an opinion, no science here:dork2:) that the split fins were very easy to use. They moved very well through the water for me, allowing for quick, smooth, easy kicks. The paddle type fin I am accustomed to requires more effort per kick to move me through the same water.

In terms of energy expended to move a certain distance... THE SAME (no variables present). The split fins allowed quicker kicks with less resistance (grab) compared with the paddles which demanded more effort per kick, but, grabbed more water per kick, resulting in the same distance being traversed for the energy spent... fewer, harder or more, easier... understand?:D Also... I don't know if it was me... I could not effectively back kick with the splits.

Remember... your opinion is the one that counts... try on the fins and swim with them before laying down all that cash:no!!!

As for my opinion...

My USD Blades kick tail!! (that just doesn't read as good as it sounded in my head:shakehead:)

I hope this helps

Scott

ps this thread is wearing me out...lol:wink:

Scubaboard should be split into three seperate boards:

Scubaboard A-- for the BP/wing wearing, DIR forever, JetFins rule paddle fin frog kickers who use a V planner and everything secured with bungee and cave line and who like each thread properly catagorized.

Scubaboard B-- for the poodle jacket wearing thermoplastic split fin flutter kickers with computers and wireles transmitters and everything on a retractor and who like to start multiple threads about which gizmo I should get in the wrong forums.

Scubaboard C -- for normal people :wink:.

N

Nem, I pissed myself when I read that. Coz its funny and coz it is so, so true!! :rofl3:

I am a noob, but am aspiring to be in Scubaboard A (except the DIR forever part...maybe). Where is the link to my section of the board?!

:D

Back
Top Bottom