Fins to fit BARE Drysuit Boots ? ? ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
Question

I own a BARE drysuit with the requisite BARE dive boots. These boots are not so much dive boots as they are moon boots. They are huge. I am having trouble locating a pair of fins with a foot pocket large enough to accomodate these boots.

I have been diving with an old pair of Dacor fins. The pockets on the Dacor's are large enough; but I don't like the fins. I need some suggestions for fins.

OK. I am an idiot. I just saw the drysuit boot/fin question underneath my question. I shall go there to look for my answer. Please don't flame me for being an idjit.

If you like split fins,have a look at the Oceanic V12
they are somewhat wide.

I prefer stiff blades. I wear a size 10 boot.

Question

I own a BARE drysuit with the requisite BARE dive boots. These boots are not so much dive boots as they are moon boots. They are huge. I am having trouble locating a pair of fins with a foot pocket large enough to accomodate these boots.

Maybe I have the same huge boots as you - integrated. I love 'em. Anyway, I've been using the original Blades for ten years. They fit the boot great.

The Aqualung Blades II (I think they're called that) fit the BARE boots perfectly and they're stiff enough.

R..

I have the same boots (same size too).

I have a pair of Aqualung Blades and they work (I think size large...not positive...may be XL)...you just can't get the boots all the way into them, meaning the sole of the fin ends somewhere around mid-sole on the boot. Not a big deal, but it can lead to cramps.

I just got a pair of XL Jets and while the fit is a bit tight, it looks like they will work. I was going to go with the XXL Jets, but I understand the foot pocket is too large on those. I've only tried this out at home and not in the water yet, but it looks like they'll work fine.

John

Try the Large Avanti Quattro's. The foot pocket should be plenty big plus they're great fins....

The Aqualung Blades II (I think they're called that) fit the BARE boots perfectly and they're stiff enough.

R..
Thank you Diver0001!

Maybe I have the same huge boots as you - integrated. I love 'em. Anyway, I've been using the original Blades for ten years. They fit the boot great.
Interesting. I knew I would get into trouble by not providing enough information. My boots are federated; not integrated. In any event, the Aqualung Blades look like a good answer.

I have the same boots (same size too).

I have a pair of Aqualung Blades and they work (I think size large...not positive...may be XL)...you just can't get the boots all the way into them, meaning the sole of the fin ends somewhere around mid-sole on the boot. Not a big deal, but it can lead to cramps.

I just got a pair of XL Jets and while the fit is a bit tight, it looks like they will work. I was going to go with the XXL Jets, but I understand the foot pocket is too large on those. I've only tried this out at home and not in the water yet, but it looks like they'll work fine.

John
Thanks jwalko!

Try the Large Avanti Quattro's. The foot pocket should be plenty big plus they're great fins....
So this is where you've been hiding out! I haven't seen you much over on TSD lately.
I have a pair of Avanti Quattros. That's what I use for my primary summertime fin. I tried those fins when I first purchased this suit. The fins didn't fit. Hmm. Maybe I have the wrong size fin (for the drysuit)? Well, I can answer question. Of course I do. My quattros are sized to fit my summer neoprene boots. My moon boots are MUCH larger. Maybe I should just go a larger size of quattros. I would like that.

I use a pair of XL Tusa Imprex fins for my size 11 bare boots. The fit is snug but comfortable. I found them on the Divers Supply website clearance priced at $45

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom