fins rub on top of foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice suggestions above; if the fins rubs and is injuring your foot, the fin is not the right size. If it was me, I would change the boot thickness and see how that works.

Keep in mind that feet do not always have the same geometry; ie: the right foot may be a diff girth compared the left. There are physiologic reasons for this as well as anatomic reasons. I am not saying that your right foot could be size 10 and your left 12. There are subtle differences though. When was the last time you looked at your foot?:):)

I, too, had problems with a raised toe. Neither band-aids nor duct tape would help it... and then I discovered Force Fins. Now I am a happy diver/swimmer.

Had the same problem with blisters on both feet on liveaboards with Diverite XT fins. Got thin neoprene socks which are probably the same thing people are calling lycra socks. Just finished a week on Kona Aggressor (almost a week....lost the last 1.5 days sheltering from Hurricane Lane) and had zero blisters.

Just FYI, neoprene socks and Lycra socks are different. Lycra socks are swimming suit material and will slip you in and out of neoprene booties super easily. Neoprene socks will “stick” to neoprene booties so not good for that purpose but great for full foot fins to prevent blisters. I have both and use them for different applications.

I, too, had problems with a raised toe. Neither band-aids nor duct tape would help it... and then I discovered Force Fins. Now I am a happy diver/swimmer.
Thank you, long story why I leave your foot out of all my designs..Freedom.

If the pressure point is over a small area such as a toe joint, you could try using a hole punch to remove a little of the foot pocket material. This creates a flexible lattice instead of a solid sheet of rubber over the affected area. Did this after I developed issues with the joints on my second toes. There is also a waterproof band-aid product called Hydro Seal, by Johnson&Johnson, made for toes and knuckles. These can help if you develop a chaffed or blistered area.

I find the Accel fins kind of wimpy compared to others. Deep 6 Eddy fins have a very comfortable and high foot pocket, and are not wimpy. Socks are always a good idea.

One of the great things about FF is your freedom to wiggle your toes without restriction!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom