fins rub on top of foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had the same problem with blisters on both feet on liveaboards with Diverite XT fins. Got thin neoprene socks which are probably the same thing people are calling lycra socks. Just finished a week on Kona Aggressor (almost a week....lost the last 1.5 days sheltering from Hurricane Lane) and had zero blisters.

I super glue the spot on my toes knuckle where the skin normally wears through.

This kind:

Junk. I had issues with that same style. There's nothing to protect the top of the foot. I have issues with scuba fins crushing the top of my foot. The harder I fin, the more it crushes my foot. Sea Wing Novas did this the most.

A good fin should seat on the sole of your Boot, not the top of your foot.

Boot/fin combo's that work, has got to be one of the most frustrating aspects of this hobby. Wish we had rigid boots, that would key to the same proprietary xl foot pocket perfectly, because smaller boots could have material added. No mix matching.

My best solution so far: rubber full foot fins, rubber Mako free dive fins, and full foot Scuba Pro Sea Wing Novas. I'm screwed for cold water until I find a boot/open fin combo that works. I have a borrowed set of Hollis F1's. Need to see if my LDS has suitable boots.

Lycra socks have been a foot saver for me for 2 decades. But the other day, not aaware that the sock had twisted and the seam was running on the upper part of my foot, right where the fin presses, I thought that there must be a piece of sand or perhaps a razor blade in there, lol.

It's still somewhat sore even though I've been out of the water for a couple of days. Will be back in tomorrow for another week of diving, that to be followed by a one day break, then another week. I'll be being more careful with the seam placement, that's for sure! Might need a large padded waterproof bandaid too. Hope not but willing to try it if bruise doesn't heal up enough.

some more shoe laces on fins
1683661385877.png

I removed the foot from the View attachment 785369stressful shoe fin foot pocket.

I had the pleasure to try out my Force fins Pros that I just acquired through a total gear buyout. I wear a size 11-11.5 and the XL Force Fin pros don't fit my newer booties, but I did find some thinner ones, that were probably the same age as the force fins, 20 years old, and they worked. As long as I have been diving I have suffered from leg cramps in my calves, usually around the 45-55 minute mark without fail. I hike 5 miles a couple of times a week, but am old 54 and have those toes with some bone issues that I should get looked at. I often bleed there if I wear thin booties or socks. Now today for the first dive in my diving life I had none of that. The force fins don't exert any pressure on your toes or your calves. I really am shocked at how liberating they were. I did a solo dive in the kelp off the beach today and had no worries about getting tangled up or having to workout a cramp. I have not heard the word liberating to describe Force Fins, but that is what I felt today. Fins I own currently Apollo Bio Fins, Hollis F1,s, Mares Quattro, Atomic Split fins, and many more before these. Hard to believe that no one I dive with has mentioned the Force Fins. I am sold, now I think I need to find XXL pair or smaller booties. So bottom line, if you want to rid yourself completely of rubbing on the top of your toes, find someone with Force Fins and give them a try.

I had the pleasure to try out my Force fins Pros that I just acquired through a total gear buyout. I wear a size 11-11.5 and the XL Force Fin pros don't fit my newer booties, but I did find some thinner ones, that were probably the same age as the force fins, 20 years old, and they worked. As long as I have been diving I have suffered from leg cramps in my calves, usually around the 45-55 minute mark without fail. I hike 5 miles a couple of times a week, but am old 54 and have those toes with some bone issues that I should get looked at. I often bleed there if I wear thin booties or socks. Now today for the first dive in my diving life I had none of that. The force fins don't exert any pressure on your toes or your calves. I really am shocked at how liberating they were. I did a solo dive in the kelp off the beach today and had no worries about getting tangled up or having to workout a cramp. I have not heard the word liberating to describe Force Fins, but that is what I felt today. Fins I own currently Apollo Bio Fins, Hollis F1,s, Mares Quattro, Atomic Split fins, and many more before these. Hard to believe that no one I dive with has mentioned the Force Fins. I am sold, now I think I need to find XXL pair or smaller booties. So bottom line, if you want to rid yourself completely of rubbing on the top of your toes, find someone with Force Fins and give them a try.
You might want to also add lycra socks under any bootie.

Back
Top Bottom