Fins considered to be suitable for use with drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RedSeaDiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
I will be needing some fins for coldwater/drysuit use shortly - will be looking for fins that are bright coloured - yellow or orange etc - any recommendations? Edit to add that I'm old school and only flutter kick so I don't need fins that are designed for fancy kicking techniques.

I will be needing some fins for coldwater/drysuit use shortly - will be looking for fins that are bright coloured - yellow or orange etc - any recommendations? Edit to add that I'm old school and only flutter kick so I don't need fins that are designed for fancy kicking techniques.
Rebreather, BM, CCR, weight of insulation will all play a roll. Backmount? Probably Jet fins or similar. SM or CCR w inverted valves (valve down)? Probably something closer to Deep6 Eddy

With a dry suit it's nice to have heavy fins,
Ankle weights are a pain and should be avoided.
I use Turtle fins.
Nothing wrong with ankle weights. You often need a lot of lead diving dry, and ankle weights are a good way to get 3-4 pounds of your back.

Just to add, this is really the time to try fins on with your drysuit if possible rather than mail order. It's quite hard to predict what size fin you will need once boots or socks + boots are factored.

Mares Quattro+

They come in vibrant colors and are a great overall fin. I use a Large/Reg size for wet and an XL for dry diving. A proper fitting drysuit will alleviate floaty feet for the most part and quattros are mostly neutral to slightly negative.

Back
Top Bottom