Finally dove my Oxycheq setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Gibson once bubbled...

Jackknife sounds like another 10 year old using his Daddy's AOL account.

Danny brothah how can you talk about our crippled old dad like that?;-(

High Springs, huh? Strange, but I've been thinking about another long weekend @ Ginnie. Aw, come on Dear, just one more before the summer is gone?! Please?!? Hey newbie, thanks for the steer.Stay wet!:)

I ordered my Oxycheq wing from Patrick today. Can't wait to dive it this weekend! Anyone want to purchase a 45lb OMS wing that has about two dives on it? Time to replace it with my new Oxycheq wing.

Patrick answered all of my questions about the wing and even went into detail as to how the wing was designed and manufactured. I feel very confident that it will meet my cold water diving needs.

I am sure my expereience will be similar to the rest of the people on this board. Can't wait to try it out.

What a major difference between it and my OMS 45lb wing. The first thing I noticed was the more streamlined feeling when swimming throuigh the water. I tried and tried to get it to trap air. It did not matter what orientation I got it. I could dump ALL the air out of the BC with no problems (this was the biggest problem with my OMS wing!).

Time to ebay the OMS wing. - Great job Patrick for creating a wing that delivers a lot of performance in for such a small package!

My complete setup is as follows:
ATX 200 Reg
Air II Inflator/Octo
OMS IQ harness
OMS 2lb STA
new OxyCheq wing
Cobra computer
C-5050 + Ultralight tray
Henderson Goldcore Farmer John (7mm)

AquaGuy

After a quick dip in a 15' deep mudhole with 2' vis on Thursday to check my weight I had my first real dive with my new OxyCheq 45# wing in a quarry on Labor Day.

I have done a few dives on a loaner bp/w with doubles but this was the first time with a bp/w and a single AL80. I have been using a Dacor RigII for 4 yrs. It has been a good BC(back inflate) that has served me well in a wide range of conditions (or so I thought). I have now rechristened it as "Drags And Catches O2 Really good". The diffrerence is truly amazing. The effort and lag time getting going from a dead stop...dramatically reduced. Actually seeing the bottom going by and coasting after a frog kick...way cool LOL. My air consumption was definitely down...way down, after these 4 yrs of me just resigning myself to thinking I would always be an air hog.

I got lucky and had my trim nailed from the get-go. After our descent on the last dive, while 3 of the other four divers were squaredancing in the pretty neon green algae bed on the bottom I was Mr. Horizontal.

Too much praise after only 3 dives? No way...the improvement was just that great! Can't wait to get it wet again!

Now, do I ebay my old Dacor or cut it up for a lifetime supply of D-rings? Hmmmm.

So far, I have not heard any negative comments from any of the owners of the new Oxycheq single tank wings. I personally gave out the Oxycheq website to at least 4 divers over the last weekend who wanted to know more about my new Oxycheq wing. Watch out Halcyon, here comes a new and much improved wing!

GO OXYCHEQ!!

AquaGuy once bubbled...
So far, I have not heard any negative comments from any of the owners of the new Oxycheq single tank wings. I personally gave out the Oxycheq website to at least 4 divers over the last weekend who wanted to know more about my new Oxycheq wing. Watch out Halcyon, here comes a new and much improved wing!

GO OXYCHEQ!!

Told ya so! Trim was amazing wadn't it? Just cut through the water like nutin'!

Hey, guys did you post the size of the OxyWings you have on the poll?

We want to know how many and what sizes you guys own!!

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom