Finally dove my Oxycheq setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, all the ruckus has been made by a handful of people...

I have been absent of all the rumblings lately. I have just been enjoying my wing, and diving as much as possible...

One weird question...

How do you keep your Oxycheq wings?

Folded up or hung up?

If folded, how so?

Or should I start a new thread on this?

mounted on my plate, and hang the entire kit and kaboodle on a wide hanger in my gear closet.

I dont have a gear closet.... All my stuffs are in the dive bag, a huge one.

I have a few wings and if I am not using the Oxycheq (not likely), I was wondering how to keep it.. as in how to fold it up??

:confused:

Who else likes the trim with their new Oxycheq wing? Mine is great, what an improvement over my Dive Rite.

Jackknife once bubbled...
Who else likes the trim with their new Oxycheq wing? Mine is great, what an improvement over my Dive Rite.

I dove the small double wing yesterday courtesy of Chris at COVCI. Not the best test possible as I was diving an unfamiliar set of doubles but I noticed a couple of advantages immediately over my DiveRite Rec Wing.

Immediately I liked the centre mounted inflator. On the DiveRite it gets in the way of the left regulator and hoses.

Also liked the smaller air passage at the top of the wing. Air tends to stay where I want it in the left or right "wings" and doesn't all rush to one side if I tilt momentarily.

I noticed it seemed a tad easier to control my attitude on the surface. Absolutely no tendency to roll me forward (not likely with doubles anyway) but somehow easier to move from vertical to recumbent on my back for removing or donning fins in the water. This was perhaps a more subtle distinction than the first two.

As for trim otherwise, I put the wing at a disadvantage as I mounted it too low ignoring the nose heavy characteristic of the short 72's on me. Accordingly I was fighting a very slight tendency to go nose down. I expect I could have resolved that by remounting the wing at the highest position. Unfortunately it was late in the day and I knew Chris was waiting to head for home. I apologize for making he and his good wife wait but I appreciate the chance to try the wing. I'll dive the single version shortly and will be able to make a more meaningful comparison as I dive a Halcyon 27# at the moment. All in all, the Oxycheq products look like winners, and I would guess that they're probably the best deal in wings on the market at the moment.

Thanks again Chris

JohnF

Got my 45 a month ago and was just itching to get it wet. Work kept me on the road for 3 weeks, so my first dive was my just-completed vacation on Columbus Isle.

In a word, beautiful.
Slightly easier to vent than my Pioneer, and trim was great.
Kinda hard to judge trim comparatively, as the last time I was wearing my wetsuit was in Cozumel 2 years ago, and I was diving my RecWing with a lighter plate, plus I was about 5 pounds heavy, so I was constantly fighting foot-down syndrome.

I'll probably be doing my first dry dive with it next weekend for lobster season opening, so I'll be able to post a better report comparing it to the Pioneer.

Good job Scott!

I see that Halcyon's come out with a new single tank wing to try and compete with Oxycheq's. This is too funny, a wing with a separate inner bladder, yet you can't get to it if you puncture it and if you have a puncture how can you empty the air if the outer bladder is preventing the air from escaping?

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen. "Can you say rapid, uncontrolled ascent if the inner bladder leaks or busts open and I can't vent the excess expanding air along with me"?

Hahahhaah, don't worry I'm sure the Halcyon boys are going oooopsey in the R&D room are trying to figure out how to add the zipper to this new wing they put out.

They picked an appropriate name too! Because it will be "Eclipsed" by the Oxycheq Wing. Hahhahahahah! Over a 100 wings in circulation in less than 2 months, what does that tell you.

Hey is this new Halcyon wing considered "DIR"? I'm sure they are thinking up a new marketing scheme too.

The plot is about to thicken, stay tuned!

Just got back from Brockville, Canada. dove St. Lawrence river wrecks... current was strong and the single-tank 45lb lift OxyCheq wing worked out nicelly. I felt immediate difference than my OMS 45lb (non-bungeed) wing. I felt more streamlined, trip was definatelly improved! Thanks to Patrick from Oxycheq, looking fowarding checkout the new gear at the DEMA and BTS shows. Any news when Oxycheq 55lb lift wing coming out?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom