Finally dove my Oxycheq setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Gibson once bubbled...
I would have if I had seen the post earlier. I actually work for a living as opposed to sitting around all day.

Why don't you pm MHK to see what wings are acceptable since he is an instructor. You obviously have never taken a GUE class so there is no point in trying to convince you that they don't push a particular brand on anyone. They will show you the difference (strength and weakness) of different products and why to stay clear of certain things.

I would say Dive Rite, Halcyon, OMS and now Oxy Cheq all make a wing that would be acceptable. I do know that they would tell you the little ball on the pull dump should be removed. They don't recommend restricted wings, they don't recommend dual bladders, they don't recommend excessive lift in a wing,.... Why not read the Fundamentals book and take the class. What's the matter? Are you afraid you might look foolish arguing your point in front of a crowd?

BTW, Halcyon isn't my cause. I have no connection to Halcyon. I dive Halcyon because that was what was available to me at the time and it is excellent and I have received nothing but good customer service. If someone comes up with a better product, and I don't count your recommendation as you have no facts, just BS to back up your statements. OxyCheq products just happen to be something I won't purchase based on the way someone acted at OWU. He won't get a dime off me in the future, even if his wing turns out to be good.

I could give a crap about GUE dude, I am NAUI certified and proud of it. I dive what is best for me and I plan my dives and dive my plans the way I was taught. That is keeping it simple and everyone I dive with understands what gear each has and where the backups are.

I'm just tired of listening to weirdos like you who talk about Halcyon like it king crap, when they have so many manufacturing problems. Now that there is a new dog on the block, capable of taking over the whole lot and producing better gear and we talk about it you try to turn all the positives into negatives.

We have gone over all the good things and the major factor is that the wings are made by the same manufacturer as OMS, good quality material and workmanship, longer than even Halcyon's track record, which doesn't speak much for all the problems many, and I do mean many people are bringing up on this posts.

I still don't believe you when you say you won't spend a dime on Oxycheq products, because you will. Remember you got bent over last time Danster when you went Hellcyon.

You must be high. I doubt you understood a single word I wrote. I never said the OxyCheq wing wasn't any good. Read the posts again.

I said I have a problem with Patrick. I also said I don't believe the wing is any better than the rest. I stated why. I have never badmouthed OMS wings on this list.

I know you don't give a crap about GUE. The reason why is obvious. You would never be able to cut it in one of their classes. All one has to do is read your posts and they can see you haven't provided any facts and do nothing but badmouth others. That's all right with me, because in my world you're irrelevant.

Jackknife once bubbled...

I could give a crap about GUE dude, I am NAUI certified and proud of it. I dive what is best for me and I plan my dives and dive my plans the way I was taught. That is keeping it simple and everyone I dive with understands what gear each has and where the backups are.

I'm just tired of listening to weirdos like you who talk about Halcyon like it king crap, when they have so many manufacturing problems. Now that there is a new dog on the block, capable of taking over the whole lot and producing better gear and we talk about it you try to turn all the positives into negatives.

We have gone over all the good things and the major factor is that the wings are made by the same manufacturer as OMS, good quality material and workmanship, longer than even Halcyon's track record, which doesn't speak much for all the problems many, and I do mean many people are bringing up on this posts.

I still don't believe you when you say you won't spend a dime on Oxycheq products, because you will. Remember you got bent over last time Danster when you went Hellcyon.

You have not provided any basis whatsoever in recommended wings in which I have asked you to provide proof multiple times, and as for your classes, I know you can't cut it! You are in your own world and that's a good thing, cause it smells of ... all over the place anyway.

You can't back anything coming out of your mouth, it shows especially when you tried to pawn it off someone else on this board because you couldn't answer your own bullcrap and wanted me to pm someone else, that just means you spoke first without thinking about what proof would you need to come up with.

You know what? I hope you never use Oxycheq equipment, you don't deserve it, you got Patrick pegged wrong but that's all personal and it's all you fool.:flame:

I know you are going to end up buying stuff from him sooner or later, maybe not directly but you'll get your grubby little hands on them, because that's what hypocritical liars do.

The funny thing is, I betcha never even seen an Oxycheq wing in your hands first hand, what an idiot, you spoke too soon.

Jackknife once bubbled...
You have not provided any basis whatsoever in recommended wings in which I have asked you to provide proof multiple times, and as for your classes, I know you can't cut it! You are in your own world and that's a good thing, cause it smells of bullsh... all over the place anyway.

You can't back anything coming out of your mouth, it shows especially when you tried to pawn it off someone else on this board because you couldn't answer your own bullcrap and wanted me to pm someone else, that just means you spoke first without thinking about what proof would you need to come up with.

You know what? I hope you never use Oxycheq equipment, you don't deserve it, you got Patrick pegged wrong but that's all personal and it's all you fool.:flame:

I know you are going to end up buying stuff from him sooner or later, maybe not directly but you'll get your grubby little hands on them, because that's what hypocritical liars do.

The funny thing is, I betcha never even seen an Oxycheq wing in your hands first hand, what an idiot, you spoke too soon.

Unless I missed something, he said he doesn't want to do business with Patrick because he was treated in a very unprofessional manner by him..

Gee, this is getting better and better. Those whom claimed OMS was 'junk' now find out that the same manufacturer that makes OMS wings makes Oxy Chek's as well?

LOL!

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...
Gee, this is getting better and better. Those whom claimed OMS was 'junk' now find out that the same manufacturer that makes OMS wings makes Oxy Chek's as well?

LOL!

The Ford Motor Company makes Volvoes, Land Rovers & Jaguars nowadays. They also made Pintoes and Edsels. 8)

JohnF

My point being Oxy Cheq chose to make their bladders also of urethane because of ease of 'user patching' in the event of a mishap. Seems Halcyon's urethane coated nylon bladder (?) is difficult at best for owners to attempt to repair themselves and have the patch 'take.'

OMS's quality and workmanship is actually quite good as any OMS owner can attest to.

ScoobieDooo once bubbled...

I thought Scott Koplin was making the Oxy Cheq wings.

Cornfed

I think there is a major wing manufacturer that actually makes them to Oxy Cheq's specifications - if I am correct.

I believe that there is only a couple of major wings manufacturers that make wings for OMS, Dive Rite, etc. in the industry.

Same thing with masks. They are all made by only 2-3 mask makers.

Back
Top Bottom