Fin selection - Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XS Scuba Turtle Fins are also similar to the Jets and others. They are popular because their sizing seems to run "in between" that of the Jets. No idea if they are available in Turkey.

Regarding weight: the measured buoyancy of the F1s (size XL) is -1.5 lbs. The XXXL Turtles are also -1.5 lbs. I would guess Jets are similar. The weight on land (about 7-8 lbs for F1s) is only important when traveling.
There is no XS Turtle Fins in TUrkey unfortunately :/

I doubt a single pair of fins will work for you.

In addition to buoyancy changes mentioned by others, consider the size of the foot pocket. My wetsuit fins (used with 3 or 5mm neoprene booties) are much too small to fit my drysuit rockboots. I suspect built-in drysuit boots would fare similarly.
Oh That's how i thought exactly, i am going to buy 2 pair of fins i think, Apeks RK3 HD for wet and dry. And the other one is Scubapro Jet Fins or OMS Tribe for drysuit. thanks guys!

Hello, i am new diver but i am interested in technical diving and i am getting equipment to be ready for tech diving after 150-200 rec dives.I have already Cressi Spacefrog fins but i am looking for new pair of fins.
I am wetsuit diver for now,i think i won't use drysuit for 4-5 years. I am looking for pair of fin which one fits all diving styles. For example wetsuit,drysuit or tec,rec. Here are my examples:

Apeks RK3 HD
Scubapro JetFins with spring straps
OMS Tribe
Hollis F1

Actually OMS Tribe and Hollis F1 Looks like same but Hollis F1 more expensive than OMS Tribe.If they are equal i will buy OMS one because it is really cheaper than F1.

Somebody saying like, Scubapro jetfins are good but so much negatively and heavy it will effect your buoyancy.

I dont know what should i buy please help me. I can't buy Dive 6 Eddy or Diverite XT. There are no these fins in Turkey. Don't suggest me these fins please thanks.

The Tribe straps cannot be adjusted, the F1s can, for that reason alone for me the F1 gets the nod.

I’m a drysuit diver. The Jets were way too heavy for me, especially with my bad knees. The F1 were heavy and way too big for my small feet. Didn’t have a small enough size. I didn’t like the F1 LT version. Didn’t like the Dive Rite fins. I use the Eddys. Work great for me. I tend to be foot heavy.
Hi can you tell me why you didn't like the Lt version I have to get new fins and have ended at either F1 or the F1 lt only ones I can finde that lookes to get the job done I dive sm and are a little bit head heavy when I lay still. I dive the oms slipstream rn 😀

Back
Top Bottom