Fin Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's my 2cents, I got the scubapro's in gray just last month. Expensive yes $166, flexible yes, did a back entry off a small boat this weekend fin got caught persons on the boat were conserned but no injury since the it flexed and saved my foot and/or ankel. Geat to pack, about as long as my BCD. At first I didn't think they made a difference in propulsion but they do! I find myself having to slow down constantly or I'll leave everyone behind, this I like because now I'm even more relaxed. Just hope that the soft rubber will last as long as the firmer ones.

RC

Read the Rodale's fin reviews very carefully and you'll find they are covering up the fact that the worst of the split fins are no better, and perhaps slightly worse, than the best of the paddle fins in terms of air consumption. The question is which of the split fins are the worst? We know from the reviews that the Atomics are one of the best and at least one pair of the Biofins also rank at the top. what does that leave?
:idea:

Ralph

I purchased a pair of Volos for $200 and got a whole 40 dives, for real. they began to break right behind the hinge. They were good while they lasted all 40 dives.

I now dive atomic split fins for tropic waters they are more rigid then the volos and are just as easy to kick.

when conditions demand more power I use my quattros.

you need to buy the fins that fit your body and your diving and only you can determine which fins those are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom