Filmmaker Rob Stewart dies off Alligator Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

His buddy passed out, began to sink & immediately rescued.

Apparently his buddy collapsed on the deck, not in the water.

Apparently his buddy collapsed on the deck, not in the water.

Well, based on Tyler MacLeod explanation that the 3rd guy saw his buddy passed out on the water & began sinking under the boat so he jumped & rescued the dive buddy, brought the dive buddy back on the boat. By the time he wanted to turn the boat back towards Rob, a couple minutes later, Rob was gone. Did you listen to this interview?

Tyler MacLeod, Alexandra Stewart Give Update On Search For Missing ‘Sharkwater’ Director Rob Stewart

Well, based on Tyler MacLeod explanation that the 3rd guy saw his buddy passed out on the water & began sinking under the boat so he jumped & rescued the dive buddy, brought the dive buddy back on the boat. By the time he wanted to turn the boat back towards Rob, a couple minutes later, Rob was gone. Did you listen to this interview?

Tyler MacLeod, Alexandra Stewart Give Update On Search For Missing ‘Sharkwater’ Director Rob Stewart
Interesting interview, but he was not there. He is conveying what he heard.

Yes, I did. The initial reports said that the buddy collapsed in the water. The family says the buddy collapsed on the boat.

Either way, it would be nice if the buddy talked, but I doubt that's going to happen.

I see the problem with second-hand info. Hopefully someone like Brian Cahill can post the the first hand info. I read this: "I had already been out of all my gear, so I just grabbed a mask and a pair of fins and jumped in the water and started swimming in circles to see if I could find him, but I couldn't find him," said Brian Cahill, a friend."

Shark filmmaker goes missing during dive off Florida Keys

Yes, I did. The initial reports said that the buddy collapsed in the water. The family says the buddy collapsed on the boat.

Whether on the boat or in the water, it suggests a serious problem with that diver. Whatever that problem was may be the same that impacted Rob. I have no proof but if they can determine what happened to the surviving diver it may shed light on why Rob is now missing.

Absolutely.

I don't know if the diver who passed out but survived had an issue related to the rebreather or DCS or another factor but given close to identical exposure to whatever the problem was (unless a unique medical condition), I would suspect that two or more people would react in differently...maybe in symptom(s) and/or time of symptom(s) manifestation. Perhaps person one would show a specific symptom earlier than persons two and three and four.

Given what we have heard, if both divers suffered from the same problem, their reaction to it (assumed passing out for both) appears to be close in time of manifestation....maybe just separated by a few (single digit) minutes.

I am not a doctor of any sort so this thought process may not be correct.

CCR having adjusted for low O2 PP at depth could have carried them up to 20 feet of the surface but then to the surface would have caused them to black out due to low O2. Identical equipment, same dive times. Just saying, but there is a lot at stake here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom