Fiji Invitation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although I do have kids, I haven't had to take a day off of work due to illness either, so I do take all the precautions possible. If I do get sick, I promise, I'll stay far, far away from you.

Ahhhh... let the vacation officially begin. Today was the last day at work. We got our packet of information today!!! I can't believe that after two years it is really here. :monkeydan :monkeydan :monkeydan

Tomorrow will be spent putting everything into bags and running last minute items and we get on the plane Saturday at about 2pm.

OMG!!!! It is finally here!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Martha - I'll bet Ann is right, why didn't I think of that? It's just what kids AND pets do when faced with the idea you really ARE going to go away and have fun without them!

well they can put on one spew but they have to be pretty practised at it to do it for a few hours at a time. kids and pets are not that conniving, give em a break! hope your son's feeling better Martha.

One good thing about having someone on the ship who packs light - I know where I can stow my extra gear :D

Hope everyone stays well! I'm sooo careful on my way out to a trip - wipe down my seat area on the plane, bring my own pillow, etc. Those stomach noro bugs can go through a group waaaay too fast. Of course, my trusty Immodium bottle comes with me too.

I'm sooo careful on my way out to a trip - wipe down my seat area on the plane, bring my own pillow, etc. Those stomach noro bugs can go through a group waaaay too fast. Of course, my trusty Immodium bottle comes with me too.

You wipe down your seat area on the plane? Wow, that's very thorough.

As for the immodium, I had forgotten to pack mine on that fated R/S trip, but the resident doctor said if it's a virus it's better to let it run its course rather than block it up to fester for several more days. An it wasn't just the rear end that was the problem.

Well, I am mostly packed! Camera gear is all perfectly packed, dive gear is packed and clothes are packed with room to spare!

All that's left are the t-shirts for everyone (I pick them up tomorrow) and my last minute toiletries! I think this is a record...I'm 95% packed 4 days before I leave...incredible!

SP:
You wipe down your seat area on the plane? Wow, that's very thorough.

Yes, I use my antibacterial gel to wipe down the arm rests, the video remote and the tray table. Read somewhere that these (along with the remote control in hotel rooms) are the worst places for germ transmittal, so do what I can. I feel silly and obsessive doing it, as I'm not a germophobe, but it's cut down on the bugs I pick up in transit at least.

SP:
As for the immodium, I had forgotten to pack mine on that fated R/S trip, but the resident doctor said if it's a virus it's better to let it run its course rather than block it up to fester for several more days. An it wasn't just the rear end that was the problem.

Yes, if it's clearly a true nasty, with vomiting and such, then no immodium. But if it's just, well, you know... immodium it is.

I've also found that drinking alcohol helps prevent, believe it or not. Several times I've been on a ship with noro going around. Very unscientifically, I've observed those who drank MODERATELY were less likely to get it.

You do what you can, sacrifice the appropriate offerings to the stomach gods, and hope for the best!

Well, I am mostly packed! Camera gear is all perfectly packed, dive gear is packed and clothes are packed with room to spare!

All that's left are the t-shirts for everyone (I pick them up tomorrow) and my last minute toiletries! I think this is a record...I'm 95% packed 4 days before I leave...incredible!

If I were packed that early, I'd unpack and repack several more times as I thought of other things to add, or to check that I'd put something in, etc. I'm a night before type of packer (though I have my lists and piles all ready).

For me it's beware the last 5-10 mins before i head out the door with the bag/suitcase. I pack and then I feel unnaturally organised and i must've forgotten something andthen I get all these ideas of things to stick in at hte last minute. Sometimes they're the best things I've packed, but if I'd thought of them before I could have taken out other stuff that doesn't get a look in. Consequently the bag is kgs heavier than it should be.

Got phonecall from dive shop a lunchtime. My transpac has arrived and I'll be able to get it before I drive to the airport on Wednesday. Just got to hope that the convoluted plan I have semi in place is pulled off and I don't end up having to spend the weekend tracking it down....

well they can put on one spew but they have to be pretty practised at it to do it for a few hours at a time. kids and pets are not that conniving, give em a break! hope your son's feeling better Martha.

Thanks. He's feeling fine today :yelclap:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom