Fiji Invitation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are supposed to get into Denver around 3:30 and leave around 5:50. Would love to meet you if you want to come out - though we certainly wouldn't expect it.

We are supposed to get into Denver around 3:30 and leave around 5:50. Would love to meet you if you want to come out - though we certainly wouldn't expect it.

Too bad it's not Sunday - I'd be out there anyway picking up my mother.

Tell you what, that's enough time for us to meet and have a coffee or something IF your flights are on time, and I'm happy to come out. How about you give me a call before you leave your home airport. If you're on time, I'll head out. Otherwise, I'll see you at Wananavu?

and don't worry eleanor, I'll hold your hand I promise.

Don't forget something warm to wear when you get to Canberra. Can't see bathers and sarongs cutting it there.

Thanks for the offer to hold my hand. I should be oK by the time I get to the airport I hope. It's just all the last minute cutting it fine stuff, like picking up my diverite transpac on the way to the airport, getting my new divegear on my insurance (finding the policy first), booking my night's stay in Sydney for return trip..... lol
I will, however be modeling my packing list on your's Naomi, then at least I'll work on the bare essentials. I remember wearing pretty mucht he same thing every day for the week at the Rowley Shoals. I just have to keep reminding myself of that, but just blockign out the memories of gastro.

6 days to go!

SP:
Don't forget something warm to wear when you get to Canberra. Can't see bathers and sarongs cutting it there.

Thanks for the offer to hold my hand. I should be oK by the time I get to the airport I hope. It's just all the last minute cutting it fine stuff, like picking up my diverite transpac on the way to the airport, getting my new divegear on my insurance (finding the policy first), booking my night's stay in Sydney for return trip..... lol
I will, however be modeling my packing list on your's Naomi, then at least I'll work on the bare essentials. I remember wearing pretty mucht he same thing every day for the week at the Rowley Shoals. I just have to keep reminding myself of that, but just blockign out the memories of gastro.

6 days to go!

nothing will prepare me for Canberra in the middle of winter, but at least I'm bringing a fleece, trousers and socks. mum can lend me some warm clothes and i have a little shopping therapy organised anyway.
don't forget your passport. I'll ring you on Tuesday when I get down to Perth, or Wed morning if I'm running late. I'm staying with friends near the airport if you want somewhere to do your last minute packing.
aah yes the gastro, imported by americans if i remember correctly. :shakehead:
lucky me I was one of the few unscathed, too many years exposure to the filthy little kiddies germs has built up my resistance. touchwood...

as an aside "guys" in strine is asexual, it's just a term we use for everyone in a group, male or female.

for those of you wondering how I can travel with so little:

one set of travelling clothes get worn to and from my country and get washed on arrival so they are clean for the trip back. 2 pairs of undies, one bra.

I live in my swimwear on the trip. take 4-5 pairs so I can rinse out and dry them and put on a dry pair after each dive. wrap with a sarong or shorts. put on a tshirt if i'm cold. I believe we also get a free sarong on the Nai'a so there's an added item I don't need to pack (I usually take 2 sarongs).

one tshirt gets worn every day. yes it gets manky towards the end of the week, or I wash it and wear the other one. getting free tshirt on the boat so that makes 3 shirts. wear the cleaner one in the evenings, dive one during the day.

i never wear underwear, that's what swimwear is for.

i've done lots of liveaboards now, and I'm just not one of those people who wears five different outfits in a week (i've met some who wear that in a day, no joke!). If I bring 5 t-shirts, 2 of them just won't get worn!

let's face it, I'm a grungey grot, but I do wash regularly!! :wink:

as an aside "guys" in strine is asexual, it's just a term we use for everyone in a group, male or female.

Well, Americans use "guys" that way, too (or at least Midwesterners do... Southerners use y'all for that)

Unless, of course, we actually ARE talking about men or boys, then we use"guys" differently.

See? perfectly simple.

I can see why people have so much trouble learning English as a second language... besides learning English, they might have to learn American or Australian, as well
:wink:

I can see why people have so much trouble learning English as a second language... besides learning English, they might have to learn American or Australian, as well
:wink:

or TEXAN :wink: all y'alls...we have other names for guys too but we won't go there on the board :D...

I am afraid the guys are out numbered on this trip...gee that is too bad:eyebrow: insert evil laugh.......

or TEXAN :wink:
I am afraid the guys are out numbered on this trip...gee that is too bad:eyebrow: insert evil laugh.......

Not if you count the crew! :D

for those of you wondering how I can travel with so little:

one set of travelling clothes get worn to and from my country and get washed on arrival so they are clean for the trip back. 2 pairs of undies, one bra.

The clothes I wear for travel are included in my list...not in addition to :)

I live in my swimwear on the trip. take 4-5 pairs so I can rinse out and dry them and put on a dry pair after each dive. wrap with a sarong or shorts. put on a tshirt if i'm cold. I believe we also get a free sarong on the Nai'a so there's an added item I don't need to pack (I usually take 2 sarongs).

This is exactly what I do as well - but after my last dive of the day I like to put on clean REAL clothes

one tshirt gets worn every day. yes it gets manky towards the end of the week, or I wash it and wear the other one. getting free tshirt on the boat so that makes 3 shirts. wear the cleaner one in the evenings, dive one during the day.

I don't mind wearing the same t-shirt a couple of times...but I have to have at least 3 or 4 for a 10 day trip

i've done lots of liveaboards now, and I'm just not one of those people who wears five different outfits in a week (i've met some who wear that in a day, no joke!). If I bring 5 t-shirts, 2 of them just won't get worn!

You'll definitely see me repeating my "outfits" or mixing and matching...but not a new outfit for everyday :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom