Fiji Invitation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I hope theres's lots of kids who need new toothbrushes coz I bought 6 kids toothbrushes and 6 tubes of toothpaste lol. I'll go down the chemist and see what I can get in terms of medical supplies and maybe I'll beg some from work too like betadine wipes.

Picking up my transpac this afternoon. It's red! You'll all be able to laugh at me trying out my new gear for the first time in Fiji (not what I had in mind originally)

SO glad you're getting your transpac early! That's one less stress for you. I'd hate to be packing something almost literally on the way to the airport.

Oh wait, I have something coming on Monday... ne-ver mind :wink:

We bought some crayons, colored pencils, regular pencils, mixed sized package of 80 bandages, 20 sterile gauze pads, and a couple of squishy water balls for fun.

At this point, all of the bags are packed and we are ready to go!

Let's hope that the thunderstorms that rolled through here today aren't here tomorrow - it would be bad for the flights.

My new dilemma is how many books to bring! haha! I have a stack of ten that I WANT to bring...but I am not that unrealistic...haha! I can't just bring one though...because if I do...I'll read it all in the first day and not have anything else to read....and who knows what I'll be in th mood to read on any given day...haha! Problem is I never get to read here, so the books I want to read get piled up and then I have to play favorites...and I hate that!

Ann, I still have 75 hours before I head to the airport :(

Woo hoo, our bags are 99.9% packed. I just need to pick up one more thing. In case anyone else is interested, I emailed the Wananavu Resort and asked how much the Waterfall and Cultural tour is and their response is below:

The Waterfall and Cultural tour is F$65 per person. If you need to also go on the horse back ride at an extra cost of F$20 per person you can advise at the reception.

My new dilemma is how many books to bring! haha! I have a stack of ten that I WANT to bring...but I am not that unrealistic...haha!

That has been Marie's biggest problem as well. She reads a lot and to go 10 days will likely require at least 6-8 books. So depending on what you read, she may have some things to share.

We stopped back by Walgreen's today and bought some more bandages, medical ointments, and medical tape, and 3 chicago t-shirts - so have increased our items for the village.

Have to get the items from this morning into the bags and then our flight is in 4 hours.

As mentioned, we arrive in Fiji on Monday morning so as you all get in, please feel free to come find us. And safe travels to all of you. Can't wait to meet all of you.

Greg & Marie

I just wanted to send my best wishes to Becky and Will on their wedding day. Congratulations!!! I hope you have some pictures to share with us when we see you at LAX.

Back
Top Bottom