Fiji Invitation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just wanted to send my best wishes to Becky and Will on their wedding day. Congratulations!!! I hope you have some pictures to share with us when we see you at LAX.

I'll be taking a lot of pictures tonight!!! Of course that means unpacking the camera and repacking it...haha! They're worth the "hassle" :)

I'll be taking a lot of pictures tonight!!! Of course that means unpacking the camera and repacking it...haha! They're worth the "hassle" :)

I can't wait to see them. I know you'll take amazing pictures, as always.

well safe travel you lot, I don't envy your trip across the bigger part of the pacific. we've got a few hours in Melbourne before our 4 hour flight to Fiji which breaks up the journey quite nicely from Perth. I'm driving down to Perth on Tuesday - 5 hours of boring road, not my most favourite drive, but there might be some wildflowers out to photograph if I'm lucky.

I'm all packed, aside from the electrical stuff, spent the day freeing up some disc space on the laptop and cleaning the ext hard drive for yet another mammoth video editting session. just got to do a bit of deforestation and i'm all set.

see y'all on Thursday morning!
Naomi

The wedding was beautiful...Becky looked stunning and Will as handsome as ever!

It was a small intimate ceremony in a lush garden setting on the grounds of Park Royal...followed by a cocktail reception with hors d'ouvres and then a four course sit down meal at La Veranda! Dinner was bruchettas, ceasar salad, shrimp scampi/lobster raviolis and mango fish or chicken (? can't remember the chicken dish because I had the fish).

La Veranda was perfectly lit with white lights, the table was decorated with bamboo chargers, orange linens, gerber daisies and crystal bowls with floating candles and we had the whole place to ourselves....it was a perfect evening!

Unfortunately, my camera battery went dead halfway through the cake cutting...so I didn't capture their first dance or a few other small things...but I got most of it :) I was happy snapping and am downloading pics now.

This afternoon we're going out on a sailboat for a final photo shoot with their photographer..."Trash the Dress" is the theme...should be fun! I have to say, I INCREDIBLY impressed with the photographer...I was in awe watching him and his assistant work...true professionals but fun at the same time! I actually have the "wedding paparatzi" shots of them hiding in trees and the bushes to get hat PERFECT shot...haha!

You have to check out his website...Matt Addock/Del Sol Photography matt adcock photography

well safe travel you lot, I don't envy your trip across the bigger part of the pacific. .....

Well, at least it is a non-stop flight.

Christi, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the wedding photos you took, especially interested in seeing what "Trash the Dress" is all about.

Wow, I looked at the photographer's website and he takes amazing photos. The wedding sounds absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see the photos.

Have a safe trip, Naomi. Looking forward to meeting you on Thursday.

Wow, I looked at the photographer's website and he takes amazing photos. The wedding sounds absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see the photos.

Have a safe trip, Naomi. Looking forward to meeting you on Thursday.

I e-mailed some teaser wedding pics to the Fiji group!

They look sooooo happy! Everything else is just dressing (but that was beautiful as well!)

Safe trip, Naomi! See you Thursday!

Now I'm getting scared. I'm a last-minute packer. When I'm packed more than a few hours before I leave (including sleeping time), I get nervous, wondering what I've forgotten. I'm most comfortable doing everything the night before, though I do have lists and piles gathered for days (even weeks and months on the lists) before. I have all but very last-minute things crossed off my list, have one last quick trip to the store to do, have to wait for a package to arrive tomorrow, and I'm ready. Okay, so I've not actually put everything into the suitcases (except my camera gear, which is always packed first), but it's all ready to pack and will take me less than an hour to get everything taken care of.

Left to do:

Finish charging all batteries
Calibrate my laptop monitor
Turn on auto-responders and voice mail away from office messages
Decide between 3mm and vest (to be determined tomorrow after FedEx arrives)
Pack

:eek:

Well, I've packed and repacked. I think I finally am satisfied with the arrangements and carry-ons. Now just to finish the long "honey-do" list Dale created before I leave!

Christi - the pics are great - looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to meet the happy couple as we all share their honeymoon!! :wink:

See everyone soon!

Back
Top Bottom