Fiji Invitation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to do all my packing today since I have to work for the next three days. BTW, if I seem a little brain dead when I meet you for the first time, it'll be due to the fact that I worked the night before and haven't gotten any sleep. Hopefully, I'll catch a little nap on my way to LAX, but if not, I'll be quite zombie-ish.

Amber, I like your idea about wiping down the area around the seat. I'm going to pack antibacterial gel in my backpack and will do the same. Thanks!

Well, no to scare anyone...but I AM a germaphobe ever since my father had MRSA earlier this year and almost died from it! He most likely contracted it in the airport or on a plane somewhere. I never go anywhere without my Purell and wipes :)

OK...I went kind of crazy for the little village kids, but it was fun! 4 packs of crayons, 4 packs of markers, 8 cute kids spiral notebooks, 8 tubes of kid toothpaste (Barney, Barbie and Shrek), and 8 Disney toothbrushes!

Well...the kids should have clean teeth...I bought toothbrushes and toothpaste too:D plus antibiotic ointment bath soap...plus the goodies I ordered for them...:D

I am packed...and ready to go....I just loaded the recent release of Sinatra on my ipod so new songs to listen to....everything is charged up....hmmm I wonder if we will need a convertor, I used to have one but I have no idea what happened to it...got money out of the bank...but I am still looking for the protein bars....so I am 99% done..one more day of work on Monday and then vacation :59:

Website says both the camera room and staterooms have plenty of 110 and 220 outlets.

of course not being a photog I naturally didn't read that part:blinking: but my ipod might need charging and then there is that curling iron....just kidding I am NOT bringing a curling iron...:)

There are plenty of 110 and 220 outlets available both in the camera room and in the cabins on the ship. For Wananavu, they offer 220v, but chances are your iPod is rated for that (look on the charger unit to be sure), and you'd just need a plug adapter as they use the Australian-style plugs (looks like / \ ).

OK...I went kind of crazy for the little village kids, but it was fun! 4 packs of crayons, 4 packs of markers, 8 cute kids spiral notebooks, 8 tubes of kid toothpaste (Barney, Barbie and Shrek), and 8 Disney toothbrushes!

That sounds a lot like what I just bought; 8 toothbrushes, 4 tubes of kid toothpaste, 4 packs of colored pencils, and 8 sharpeners. I probably will buy some more stuff this weekend.

Sounds like we're going to be extremely well set with things for the youngsters, but we may be a bit light in the medical-type things. Those who are still doing their shopping this weekend, that type of stuff I know is very much needed in the villages as well. Not as much fun, but from what I understand, everything is pooled together, so we all get the enjoyment of what we've given collectively.

Back
Top Bottom