Fiji Invitation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The packing lists will help me tremendously. Thanks everyone! Christi, I put Woolite on my shopping list, so hopefully I'll have a small bottle for you when you get to LAX.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! But I would check it...it's a liquid :)

Another request from the group....only because I can't get them here...

I LOVE to have a granola bar or protein bar or something in between dives. So another thing on my permanent wish list from the states is KASHI bars and/or Twister protein bars.

Protein bars (chocolate of course):

Premier Nutrition - Diet, organic, and low carb, protein bars, protein powders, protein supplements and health supplements

Target carries the Twisted Bars but I'm willing to ship them to someone willing to bring them...you can take them out of the box, put em in a ziploc and pack them easily :)

The Kashi bars are in every grocery store now, and my favorite flavors are below!

Kashi Chewy Granola Bars:

Trail Mix
Honey Almond Flax
Peanut Butter

Kashi Crunchy Granola Bars:

Roasted Almond Crunch

Christi I sent you an email:wink:

I am bringing some really healthy stuff...mini tootsie roll pops:D and oreo cookies... hey this is the only time I get to eat this kind of stuff June 29th I will be back to salads and yogurt:shakehead:

Christi, I can also pack some Kashi bars for you. I buy those at Sam's or Costco all the time and the box comes with the three chewy granola bars you mentioned.

Christi, I can also pack some Kashi bars for you. I buy those at Sam's or Costco all the time and the box comes with the three chewy granola bars you mentioned.

Yeh! Thank you!!!!!!

Now I feel better! I used to bring this more, but I've cut back. My plan is:

1 long-sleeved tee
1 fleece zippered hoodie
4 bathing suits
2 cover-up shorts
3 regular shorts
2-3 tees (remember, we're getting the group tee, too)
1 mid-weight pant (worn on plane and laundered in Wananavu)
1 lightweight pant
2 blouses
1 sweater (worn on plane)
1 pair socks (with a touch of tread) - I personally don't like to wear socks on a ship, as I feel I don't have enough traction going up and down stairs.

Ummm what are cover up shorts? I was going with something like
1 pair of shorts
2 sarongs.
3 tshirts
2 tank tops,
3 pairs of bathers
1 track pants
1 fleecy top
1 pair of socks
thongs, maybe my crocs
a pair of underpants for everyday i'm away and other underwear type things.
and the clothes I'm wearing on the plane.

and a bottle of duty free perfume to cover up the stink of wearing the same clothes all week. lol

What's the story with the village visit? is that when we're at Wanavanu (sp?) or when we're on Nai'a?
Is the sea going to be rough? all the liveaboards i've done have been in reasonably sheltered spots once we got there. Will one packet of kwells be enough?

how to make me less nervous? dunno, first international dive trip, second overseas trip in the past 20 years.... I think I'll just have to deal with it.

SP:
1 pair of shorts
2 sarongs.
3 tshirts
2 tank tops,
3 pairs of bathers
1 track pants
1 fleecy top
1 pair of socks
thongs, maybe my crocs

and a bottle of duty free perfume to cover up the stink of wearing the same clothes all week. lol

Haha! I couldn't think of another word for just plain old knit or nylon shorts that I throw on over my bathing suit :)

I like the duty free perfume idea...haha!

SP:
1 pair of shorts
2 sarongs.
3 tshirts
2 tank tops,
3 pairs of bathers
1 track pants
1 fleecy top
1 pair of socks
thongs, maybe my crocs

What's the story with the village visit? is that when we're at Wanavanu (sp?) or when we're on Nai'a?
Is the sea going to be rough? all the liveaboards i've done have been in reasonably sheltered spots once we got there. Will one packet of kwells be enough?

how to make me less nervous? dunno, first international dive trip, second overseas trip in the past 20 years.... I think I'll just have to deal with it.

Good idea on the perfume! LOL!

For me, cover-up shorts are what I wear when I have my swimsuit on - they can get wet and salty - just knit cotton shorts.

Village visit happens off the Nai'a. It's a tradition during the week to visit one traditional Fijian village, and to be invited in by the head of the village to share their family. Kava ceremony with all the fixings, too.

Don't expect it to be too rough, but this is a smaller vessel, so bring what you need for whatever situation.

No reason to be nervous, at least not with us! We won't bite - though we may feed you to the sharks. I hear they prefer Aussies! :D

Does anyone know how many dives a day are possible on the trip?

I'm supposed to be working, but it's really hard to concentrate when I'm so excited about the trip and as I was looking at the Nai'a website again (instead of actually working) :D I noticed (for the first time) the following under Skiff Diving, so you may be able to get more dives in than originally thought...

NAI'A offers four or five guided dives a day. The mad keen can do as many extra dives in between as they want. Because her itinerary is so extensive, NAI'A generally travels at night so that she doesn't have to move much during the diving day.

I'm supposed to be working, but it's really hard to concentrate when I'm so excited about the trip and as I was looking at the Nai'a website again (instead of actually working) :D I noticed (for the first time) the following under Skiff Diving, so you may be able to get more dives in than originally thought...

NAI'A offers four or five guided dives a day. The mad keen can do as many extra dives in between as they want. Because her itinerary is so extensive, NAI'A generally travels at night so that she doesn't have to move much during the diving day.

Yep, sometimes those dives right around the boat can be quite good...especially if there are jacks and schooling fish...they like to congregate under the boat...makes for some nice photo ops if the sun is shining too :)

oooh photo ops, now we're talking! Give my new wide angle lens a work out. :D

We'd probably call "cover up short" running shorts (nylon things) or boardshorts (that material that you can wet and dry quick or even go swimming in)...??

Someone mentioned something about "gifts" for the village visit. What sort of stuff?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom