Fiji Invitation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

67mm? You may have cross-threaded it. Are you possible it's not still able to be worked again if you do it slowly and carefully? Sometimes you can fix cross-threading "dents".

I don't think I cross threaded it. The lens screws onto the threaded caddy just fine.

I need to take another look at it with a magnifying glass. And yes, it is getting harder to see small things close up. I just don't want to force it and permanently fark it up.

I don't think I cross threaded it. The lens screws onto the threaded caddy just fine.

I need to take another look at it with a magnifying glass. And yes, it is getting harder to see small things close up.

Don't forget to examine the threads on the lens port as well, not just the lens. It's possible the lens threads are fine, but the ones attached to the housing are the ones which got wonkered.

Don't forget to examine the threads on the lens port as well, not just the lens. It's possible the lens threads are fine, but the ones attached to the housing are the ones which got wonkered.

Yeh, and just to clarify Bruce...I don't have an extra WA lens attachment...just the housing. So if you find it is the threading on the housing...definitely let me know and I'll make every effort to bring the OLY housing for you.

I like to color on lots of things! Come to think of it...I really DO need some new colored sharpies :D

I'm pretty sure it is the housing with the messed up threads. There was a dent straight in where one of the 4 little holes are. I thought I had fixed that part, but the lens still wouldn't start threading on, so there must be another bad section at the start of the threads.

bummer about the threads on your housiong. I have inon lenses with bayonet fittings. I bought an inon port adaptor to allow me to use those on my PT027. They're so simple to change, even at 30m. The 5050 housing is all one piece isn't it? the PT027 for the C7070 has a detachable port. I've got two of those.

Amber, I found those documents. I must've missed them. Better send em home and read them. whoops!

Here is what the Nai'a website says

During your cruise we will visit a Fijian village on a remote island. If you would like to bring a gift to the village, we would suggest toothpaste and tooth brushes, school bags, rain boots and rain coats for the children, second-hand clothing for adults and children, hand soap, preferably biodegradable, solar powered flashlights and radios, basic medical supplies like big bandages, dressings, antibiotic cream and basic antibiotics

I am also bringing some fun stuff for the kids.....you can go to any dollar or discount store and get little stuff.... blow up beach balls....stickers/sticker books...crayola's...card games...small matchbox cars... I am going back on Friday to try and get some of the other stuff the Nai'a has listed...but gotta watch my weight:wink:

this time next week we will be getting ready to fly to paradise woo hoo:D

We just want to send a few "Have a Great time !!" wishes to all of the Fiji divers. We are looking forward to photos and hearing about the trip. Mike and Sue Behm

We just want to send a few "Have a Great time !!" wishes to all of the Fiji divers. We are looking forward to photos and hearing about the trip. Mike and Sue Behm

I sure wish y'all were going to be with us :sulkoff: :giveusahu

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom