Fiji Invitation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A lot of swimsuits (I've packed 5 - one for each dive of the day).

Another thing we found on the Aggressor was that it is nice having long sleeves, pants, some kind of jacket, and socks like people have mentioned. After a week of diving you will have times where you are cold.

man alive, do I have to start packing? I'm not even taking possession of my new diverite transpac until possibly the day I fly out. Ahhhhh

I've waded through numerous pages of your conversation. I'm sorry I'm lost. but I know that I'm nervous that I am sure I won't pack enough, but will be too much.

I'm Eleanor and I'm joining your tour as half of the Aussie contingent.

SP:
man alive, do I have to start packing? I'm not even taking possession of my new diverite transpac until possibly the day I fly out. Ahhhhh

I've waded through numerous pages of your conversation. I'm sorry I'm lost. but I know that I'm nervous that I am sure I won't pack enough, but will be too much.

I'm Eleanor and I'm joining your tour as half of the Aussie contingent.

Welcome Eleanor! I just edited my post with my packing list...maybe that will help :)

Eleanor, I haven't packed yet! though I'm not sure I'd wait until the day I fly out.... I always pack too much. Every time, I vow I will pack less. And I do! ...but it's still too much. We'll see how I do this time.

And H20Bubbles, the big group gets to Nadi at something like 5 AM on the 19th - want to meet us at the airport? thought not. Though I guess by the time we collect our baggage and get all the way to Wananavu, it'll be a decent hour of the morning.

I just want to point out that I may be doing my 200th dive there, we will have people doing their 100th, we have a bachelorette and someone with a birthday while we're on board... plenty of things to celebrate, it sounds like. But I don't know that I'll knock myself out to bring my own alcohol on board... we'll see. maybe. oh, ok!

My basic packing list:
2 fleece tops
1 sweatshirt jacket (mostly for the plane)
4 bathing suits
2 cover up shorts
2 tank tops
2 casual shorts
2 casual capri pants
4 t-shirts
2 long sleeved t-shirts
4 socks
2 tank tops
a few personal undergarments

Now I feel better! I used to bring this more, but I've cut back. My plan is:

1 long-sleeved tee
1 fleece zippered hoodie
4 bathing suits
2 cover-up shorts
3 regular shorts
2-3 tees (remember, we're getting the group tee, too)
1 mid-weight pant (worn on plane and laundered in Wananavu)
1 lightweight pant
2 blouses
1 sweater (worn on plane)
1 pair socks (with a touch of tread) - I personally don't like to wear socks on a ship, as I feel I don't have enough traction going up and down stairs.

I always bring and extra pair of socks to wear when TSA makes you take off your shoes and walk barefoot through the little machine....with all those other people that are barefoot :11: of course if you already wearing socks this would not apply:wink:

The packing lists will help me tremendously. Thanks everyone! Christi, I put Woolite on my shopping list, so hopefully I'll have a small bottle for you when you get to LAX.

Back
Top Bottom