Fiesta Americana & Cabanas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubabuni

Reaction score
Has anyone stayed in the cabanas?

Just wondering about parking :auto: at the Fiesta we are staying there for a week beginning the 13th of June...

TIA

Leesa

I stayed in the Fiesta Americana in 2006... and parking was not an issue. They had valet and also a small area in front of the hotel, so you could park during the day. Not sure if something has changed though.

Cheers

Rafael

We stayed at Fiesta Americana last year and were "upgraded" to the tropical Casitas. To put it bluntly....they were disgusting. Dirty, overgrown with profanity scrawled into the marble. We paid for two rooms and both Casitas were disgusting. The water in one of them ran brown and smelly. We spent one night in the Casitas then moved into the main building. I do not recommend the Casitas. The main building was fine though.

The casitas are roomy, but we ended up paying $20 more per night to get a room on a high floor in the main building, just for the view. If I remember correctly, we didn't spend the night in the casita, instead moving almost immediately. It's a buggy little walk the units.

I don't remember them being dirty or anything like that, but again, we didn't spend any time in them. If memory serves, they have a large bathroom/shower, and good sized living area. In fact the units are pretty large. There is no view of the water.

we used to stay in the Casitas exclusively but quit last Nov. They have been having problems with the plumbing. I had been emailing with the mgr prior to our Nov. arrival and he never mentioned any problems. We arrived and we then told that the units had plumbing problems and they had been working on it for months and thought it would be fixed. We found a condo on the south side and did not stay and we will not stay at FA again. We were customers for 10 years making two trips a year and they thought they gave us adequate notice of the problem. They offered to put us up in a Junior suite but the AIR did not work in that bld and might be a few days before it worked.....lol. We checked on the internet with FA just for grins and they are not renting the Casitas now still. They are still down. Go figure. It used to be a really nice get away because you did not really feel like you were in a hotel until you went to the desk. parking is never an issue and there are always plenty of taxis available. Have fun which ever direction you go.

We've been to FA 4 times since September 06 and never understood why anyone would stay in a Casita.... They're in the back of the property far from the beach and pool and somewhat isolated by a parking lot and massive, elevated circle drive. The grounds around them are always over-grown and honestly, have always seemed deserted. I've never talked to a fellow guest that was staying in one. They are indeed bigger but of little interest to me as they seem to be an afterthought addition to the property. I'm sure at one time, before cruise ships ruined the demand for on island accommodations, they were well kept and a popular choice but in nearly 3 years of staying at FA I've seen them basically wither away. I still think FA is a fine choice and good value whether you stay in the main building with a great ocean view or behind it in a casita. In either case, don't expect 5-star accommodations... It's an older place that seems to struggle to make ends meet with great staff and some nice amenities.

Thanks everyone for the information~~~~~~
What did we do before the internet??
It's great to hear "real" opinions (not the stuff they want you to see)

We are booked in a "grand class" room, I made the change after the whole flu issue and when I "upgraded" they gave me a credit---LOL

It's Mexico and we are used to their idea of 5 star

Besides I guess more important than the room is the diving conditions >wink<

I hope we spend more time under water than in the room!!! <---don't I wish!!

Have not been to FA since 2005, which was our second trip there. It was nice enough so no worries. I have heard it's even improved since Wilma. Have a great trip!

We also were at FA in about 2005. We elected not to stay in the Cabanas, and found the main Hotel to be very satisfactory. We enjoyed it there, and would recommend it to anyone.

I am posting from the lobby of the main building at FA right now!!! The the Cabanas do not appear open. Parking is not an issue. The hotel is only at maybe 30% capacity. Peaceful and relaxing. We basically have had the run of the place. Great staff (everyone is friendly and more than willing to do anything for you). Main hotel is nice condition, clean, and well maintained. Free wireless internet is fast! Food is mediocre (not bad not great). Pier and dive storage facilities are great and convenient. Diving is great as always. Unfortunately I have to leave tomorrow:( FA is a great deal in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom