Female help in selecting equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The choice of BC really does depend on how your wife is built. I have a small, but muscular build. Before I owned my gear I had to rent. Naturally the shops only carry BC's designed for men. Even the smallest sizes were ridiculous on me. I have a Seaquest Diva and absolutely love it (only complaint I have is that the pockets are too small). It fits me properly! I enjoy my dives so much more because I'm not fussing with my BC.

If your wife has a small to medium build, I'd highly recommend getting a BC designed spefically for women. The sizing will be more appropriate for starters.

I bought my BC used. A shop had it on consignment and they let me take it for a test dive first. Buying used equipment saved oodles of money.

Someone already seconded the need for your wife to have her own computer. They are all pretty straightforward, especially the basic models. I'd recommend getting the same brand however. Some computers have more conservative dive curves than others and you'll be limited by whoever has the most conservative computer.

Good luck with the shopping!

Back
Top Bottom