Fathom Gemini - Fathoms Sidemount CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Considering I work at Fathom and build these units, Yeah I'm quite sure :)
Oh, I’m sorry - didn’t realize you worked there. That is an incredible deal! Holy crap.

How's the flood tolerance vs sidewinder and does it have both a petrel and a HUD ? im sure these basic questions will be answered once the specs are posted on the website along with more info.

How's the flood tolerance vs sidewinder and does it have both a petrel and a HUD ? im sure these basic questions will be answered once the specs are posted on the website along with more info.
I would assume flood tolerance is equal to sidewinder, I’m interested to hear about opv on lungs. Sidewinder does not have that, instead has it on the canister for over pressure release and dewatering before the first scrubber. This fathom opv would be after the first scrubber.
I’ve never had much water in my rebreather so not concerned on my sidewinder.
I would get the fathom if I did it over for the petrel 3, 4 pin, DSV improvement and the improved hud. Not sure I would care about the canister construction but all seems like a more robust structure.

I enjoyed training with Edd so I suppose the biggest question is who the instructors will be on this unit. That would be what I would be questioning first before purchase. Otherwise it’s a no brainer in my opinion.

Someday… a cross over

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom