Fathom Gemini - Fathoms Sidemount CCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Nothing official on Fathom's website yet. But the rumored Fathom sidemount CCR was shown off at DEMA today.

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 3.22.25 PM.png

A significant improvement. If purported price is in line and wait list isn’t massive, there’s no reason to buy the sidewinder other than instructor availability, especially with the “CE Sidewinder” continuing to be vaporware.

A significant improvement. If purported price is in line and wait list isn’t massive, there’s no reason to buy the sidewinder other than instructor availability, especially with the “CE Sidewinder” continuing to be vaporware.
I’m looking forward to learn more. I did actually like some stuff on the sidewinder. I just had enough things that were compromising to walk away. I hope this is as good as my fathom. At the same time I wish Charlie would quit making cool stuff to drain my bank

Saw that pic, hopefully those here who know more can give us more teasers.

sub'd

Saw that pic, hopefully those here who know more can give us more teasers.

sub'd
Replaceable scrubbers
No auto explode feature of the KISS towers
Potted heads (see the Fathom sidewinder replacement towers)
Sump heads (see the custom ones KISS sells from time to time)
Golem DSV as stock
Needle valve like the standard Fathom
Integrated HUD (this is going to be sweet)

Well I can't wait to hear about how well it dives from people who I know that know CCRs well.

Hopefully there is better flood resistance too.

It might replace the Sidewinder on the short list of units I am considering.

Only good feature is the threaded connections

Otherwise it's like a 8500 Sidewinder...
Eh. By the time you add Sump heads, HUD, needle valve, new first stage, Light Monkey towers, a golem DSV, ditch the Molex connectors, an appropriate splitter board, as well as the new KISS retail pricing, they’d be similarly priced. Add in the integrated HUD, removable scrubber baskets, threaded counterlung connectors, and not POS water dump, and honest sorb capacity, I’d guess it’ll sell more frequently. That said, Charlie keeps a significantly tighter grip on who teaches the Fathom vs the egregious number of Sidewinder instructors there are in existence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom