Fantasy Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason B:
I pm'ed him a link Grier.

Jason

Alright. I usually consider myself "self-sufficient" when it comes to research but I've given up on finding these maps over at the NCWD site. So I'm officially crying Uncle and would like someone to send me a bottle, a diaper and a PM with their location.

fireflock:
Fantasy Lake Maps-

http://wreckmaniac.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=183&posts=16

They look like earlier versions of a map that was put together by Gypsy DiveCons. I've been told that the maps are pretty accurate with the exception of the VW. It has a tendency to move around some during lift bag practice.

Rich

Yeah, this is the map from Gypsy that I got from the shop last year for some divers in our group. I had them laminated so we could dive with them. I have more so next time I dive with any of you all let me know and I"ll bring them.

Mel

Well the update on our trip ::::
Albeit a drizzly weekend, overall the trip to Fantasy Lake was a success.
Jim's map & info on wreckmaniac with coordinates worked like a Street Atlas.

Outlook on the dive site:
Very nice place. Plenty to see, and most of it is shallow in the warmer water. We were able to take our newly certified student (congrats Ross) down to explore the Bus, the VW, the glass bottom boat, and many other sites during his OW checkouts. The entry/exit points were cake. The docks were never crowded and neither were the platforms. David from Capital Scuba runs a top notch organization. Air refills & rentals are a little pricey in comparison to the coast, but... heck the quarry is in the middle of no-where. David himself was both knowledgable & helpful. It made spending the extra money worth it. The equipment was well maitained & we had no issues with the gear. The only gripe I have was with the fish who nipped my finger... but I can't blame the dive site for it's territorial residents.

The trip:
I'm not sure if our trip was geared more towards diving or SHOPPING in Raleigh. Although we spent about 5 hours a day at the quarry, "the girls" got their "shop on." And after being exhaused & ready to pass out, I tagged along through the mall as a bag carrier. We had a blast, didn't get to eat at the Mexican place b/c it wasn't open late night... but KFC was (nothin' like Honey BBQ sandwich after a long dive).

Thanks again to all who provided info. Next time I'll be there for fun, hopefully we can plan a meet up...maybe camping in the Fall?
Take care,
Bobby

Just a quick edit to the below ::: Jason B was the provider of the Atlas of the bottom. Don't know who Jim is, possibly Jim Beam...an old friend from college drinking...
A public apology for my mental unhealth.

When posting my eyes had bags larger than 100 lb lift bags. On the down side of the trip... the Sleep Inn is all but a SLEEP experience. They have adopted the Brick-style mattress design. Still recovering from my bruises from the bed.
-Bobby

djbobbyzee:
Well the update on our trip ::::
Albeit a drizzly weekend, overall the trip to Fantasy Lake was a success.
Jim's map & info on wreckmaniac with coordinates worked like a Street Atlas.

Outlook on the dive site:
Very nice place. Plenty to see, and most of it is shallow in the warmer water. We were able to take our newly certified student (congrats Ross) down to explore the Bus, the VW, the glass bottom boat, and many other sites during his OW checkouts. The entry/exit points were cake. The docks were never crowded and neither were the platforms. David from Capital Scuba runs a top notch organization. Air refills & rentals are a little pricey in comparison to the coast, but... heck the quarry is in the middle of no-where. David himself was both knowledgable & helpful. It made spending the extra money worth it. The equipment was well maitained & we had no issues with the gear. The only gripe I have was with the fish who nipped my finger... but I can't blame the dive site for it's territorial residents.

The trip:
I'm not sure if our trip was geared more towards diving or SHOPPING in Raleigh. Although we spent about 5 hours a day at the quarry, "the girls" got their "shop on." And after being exhaused & ready to pass out, I tagged along through the mall as a bag carrier. We had a blast, didn't get to eat at the Mexican place b/c it wasn't open late night... but KFC was (nothin' like Honey BBQ sandwich after a long dive).

Thanks again to all who provided info. Next time I'll be there for fun, hopefully we can plan a meet up...maybe camping in the Fall?
Take care,
Bobby

Back
Top Bottom