Fall MegaDive Oct 19-21, Ginnie Springs, Turkey Roost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I won't be able to make it this year again :-(

But... I am hoping everyone can make it to the November Venice Beach Shark Tooth Dive and Thanksgiving dinner on the beach...

Have fun everyone...

Yep,
That'll pretty much describes a
Typical Saturday @ a MegaDive Event.

The only exception being that there will
not be an organized River Clean-up dive.

But, don't let that stop you from
collecting as you go anyway.

Hey everybody,
Looks like I might join in after all. I bought some gear this past weekend and was planning on having a small gathering up at Ginnie to test it out. I should be there as long as you guys do not think it would be too crowded for a few extra divers and some non divers to spend the day. My plan was to arrive Sat. morning very early. What is everybody else planning on doing?

The only thing that seems to happen every time is the Galaxy Dive. Other than that, it is pretty much a free-for-all on Saturday. Various groups form and go dive the spring boils, drift dive the river, dive in the Ballroom cavern at the main spring, etc. Just show up and join one of the groups that is about to do a dive that interests you.

I personally want to drift the river if the viz is as good as I have been told it is, and I might also be around for the Galaxy Dive.

Arrive as early in the AM as you can, so as to join as many dives as you can. And, of course, to get in on the omelet in a bag breakfast.

Daina, it is good to hear from you again!

Hopefullly, a few of us will not have too severe of hangovers from Friday night and will venture out for a sunriseish dive in the ballroom...:wink:

The River is getting more tanic btw.
(Did a dive there last night (Monday) )
Water temp in the river is still warm , but the tanic is now coming back OVER the top of the Ear.
I.E. From what little I saw of the Sante Fe , the latest rain(s) have washed more Tanic into the river. (uffda)

Sure Da Fool , no MENTION of Rock Crawling as a choice of dives. :(:(:(
As usual...(sniff)
See , no matter where I go , always , the back of the line.

Maybe I'll just sit in my chair all day with a sign:
"Buddies Wanted...I'll Pay Cash"

Silt Slug

That's Ok, Jean. Us lowly OW divers will dive with ya...as long as we can rock climb in the ball room! :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom