Fall MegaDive Oct 19-21, Ginnie Springs, Turkey Roost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There will be three in my party. That is until I get there and then the party will be much bigger. I will bring a dozen eggs and some hotdogs and marshmellow stuff. If I can find some firewood I will bring it as well.
Are we planning to do a river dive/cleanup while we are there and will Ginnie provide above water support of our efforts?

While a river drift has become almost obligatory during these gatherings, and most of us always bring some trash back with us, I have not tried to organize a cleanup dive for this trip. I am really busy right now, working long days, sometimes 7 days a week, and it takes quite a bit of phone calling and emailing back and forth with Ginnie management. Also, they want someone that they know and have some history with as the point man, a single person for them to deal with. They were definitely kind of concerned the last time as to how many people that I was actually going to be able to get in the water and just how effective we would be once we got in there. I will say that we quelled all of those worries last time, though. It also takes up quite a bit of time getting everyone signed in, in the water, and then back out. Considering that I have not been diving hardly at all this year, I really want to spend as much time as I can in the water.

Oh man. My first post, and now THIS.

I was digging through my various bits of outdoor gear looking for something, and stumbled accross my BC and regulator. Oups. Neglected. Forgotten. Tragic!

Went on Google, found this obviously awesome forum and then the Ginnie Springs outing. Can I come??? I have a tent and some gear (that will probably need a checkup, yes?), and stuff. And beer, conceivably.

Are you guys click-ish? Will I be frowned upon for being quite rusty on the breathe-from-a-tube skills? Tell me! :)

wayandrs, you are most certainly welcome to attend. We are a very open, friendly group, always looking to meet and dive with new people. Except for Scuba Jenny, she talks a good line, but she is kinda standoffish in person.

I would reccomend getting your BC and reg serviced before you use it if it has been sitting for some time. It might take some time to get it done, so I would look into that right away.

And welcome to ScubaBoard!

I am just packing up to leave Wisconsin. Headed home to Florida in the morning, except for a gig in Georgia for a day.
I will keep monitoring and figure out what to bring. I have not heard from my son-in-law to see if he is bringing camping equipment, so have not even figured out anything yet. Still hoping to come.

wayandrs, you are most certainly welcome to attend. We are a very open, friendly group, always looking to meet and dive with new people. Except for Scuba Jenny, she talks a good line, but she is kinda standoffish in person.

I would reccomend getting your BC and reg serviced before you use it if it has been sitting for some time. It might take some time to get it done, so I would look into that right away.

And welcome to ScubaBoard!

Thanks for taking the time to respond! I'll be getting the gear bits service done ASAP to be properly prepared for the festivities. :)

I am going to bring a very fun bubble watcher named Leonard. He is young and strong so he gets to carry the rum tote! And if I put on my diamond tierra maybe he will carry my tanks too.
Planning on leaving WPB early Friday afternoon and heading up. Gonna bring some food to share but have not made our list yet.
PS bringing plenty of zip ties too.... Baaaaaa!

Thanks for taking the time to respond! I'll be getting the gear bits service done ASAP to be properly prepared for the festivities. :)

If you can't get your gear inspected quickly I have an extra BC I can bring up. It is a womans size M if that helps.

I am going to bring a very fun bubble watcher named Leonard. He is young and strong so he gets to carry the rum tote! And if I put on my diamond tierra maybe he will carry my tanks too.

Don't worry about telling him about tank duties.
We will collectively as a group clue him it to rules
"The first timers carry the tanks" For everyone..
So, you can tell himto just ask anyone. :wink:

And if they do this well, they just may
get to help shlep wood for the campfire.

Darn, Jenny is onto me!!

Mardie, I am so glad that you are coming.

I'm bringing double 85's for Mania.
Sans Alcohol. :(

Silt Slug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom