Fall MegaDive Oct 19-21, Ginnie Springs, Turkey Roost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMPORTANT PLANNING POST

OK, we need to get some details hashed out so as to make sure that someone will be bringing everything that we will end up needing.

For the new attendees, we usually do a communal omelet in a baggie breakfast meal. We have all of the neccesary ingredients for omelets set out on a table. Everyone chooses how much of what they want in their omelet, drops it into a ziplock bag, and writes their name and how many eggs they want on the outside. Then our infamous chef adds the eggs and submerges the baggie in a pot of boiling water until it is cooked.

I will bring mushrooms, a big bag of mixed cheese (more will be needed, though), black olives, and 2 dozen eggs (once again, more will be needed). Other things that someone could bring would be sausage, bacon or bacon bits, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, salsa, ham, jalapeno peppers, etc. Also, we need someone to bring some quart size FREEZER GladLock bags.

Also, I was thinking that maybe hot dogs roasted over a fire, followed by marshmallows for those with a sweet tooth, for dinner on Saturday night. This would make sure that no one particular person has to spend a large amount of valuable time that could be better spent diving (or drinking) cooking for everyone. I can bring quite a few wires for roasting if we decide to do this. I could also bring a couple of big packets of BallParks. What are everyone's thoughts?

Also, my chainsaw is down, and I haven't had a chance to get it fixed. I am hoping that I will be able to get it up and running, and get some firewood together in time. But I am not certain that I will be able to, so we might be in the position of needing a large amount of firewood for our bonfire. I will report back on this later, but something that we might need to keep in mind.

I might be able to get some firewood if you need me to

I finally got all of my gear back!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I will buy anything Jenny will tell me to as I will have half a day free. Jenny promised to work Friday half day.
So in the morning I can do some shopping (if I have a map of Hollywood, otherwise I wil get lost, as I do almost everytime :D)

This reminds me I need to get out all my maps (mainly draw by Jenny and Andy) from last year.

Mania

For the record, I recycle all of my cans and get a steady supply from neighbors and family as well. This helps me pay to maintain dive gear and such. I will setup a can area at the campsite and anybody wanting to place what they find in the river in that can will be greatly appreciated. The bottles and other stuff we find is placed by the trash and Ginnie staff picks that up for us anyway. We have a few of us that spend quite a bit of time cleaning up during every dive. I look forward to the day I can anchor my boat in the river and just fill it with cans that pay for the trip. Currently aluminum is running 60 cents/pound at recycling centers. (about 1 large trash bag full when crushed) = about 10-12 bucks! I like the idea of cleanups paying for my dives. It has before, and will again, as long as those idiots keep dumping their trash in the river. :(

Mania the shopping list is easy. Rum. :D

Seriously, though, I will bring the fixin's for the S'mores, a couple lbs of cooked bacon and a dozen eggs. I think Hermit Crab has not eaten the Pop Tarts I bought for the MegaDive, and I am sure I will think of something else to bring also. But no firewood.

I'll give Marchand my giant cooler to fill up with ice at the school. I'll probably bring 12 or so gallons of water in safe-to-drink-from containers. I'll see if I can think of anything else to bring....I'm not that great at food stuffs but if I see a need the day before I come down I'll do what I can to fill it.

Oh man. My first post, and now THIS.

I was digging through my various bits of outdoor gear looking for something, and stumbled accross my BC and regulator. Oups. Neglected. Forgotten. Tragic!

Went on Google, found this obviously awesome forum and then the Ginnie Springs outing. Can I come??? I have a tent and some gear (that will probably need a checkup, yes?), and stuff. And beer, conceivably.

Are you guys click-ish? Will I be frowned upon for being quite rusty on the breathe-from-a-tube skills? Tell me! :)

There will be three in my party. That is until I get there and then the party will be much bigger. I will bring a dozen eggs and some hotdogs and marshmellow stuff. If I can find some firewood I will bring it as well.
Are we planning to do a river dive/cleanup while we are there and will Ginnie provide above water support of our efforts?

wayandrs, WELCOME! Glad you found us. No clicques here.

Back40, will be good to see ya again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom