Exxon Profits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richtpe:
I don't go to starbucks or buy big gulps. I don't need to get coffee or soda to get to work. I do need fuel.

QUOTE]
Ah,
You NEED fuel, or, you WANT to commute using your vehicle? BIG DIFFERENCE.....
I used to commute 170 miles daily while in California. Then my commute dropped to 110 miles in Idaho. Now, I stay with my kids, whom, ride their bikes to school with me. My Wife rides her bike to work, and maybe 3 times a month will drive the Jeep.
while we are looking at NEEDS VS. WANTS, will someone tell my wife I NEED a new LCD Flatscreen..............:D

mrjimboalaska:
[You NEED fuel, or, you WANT to commute using your vehicle? BIG DIFFERENCE.....
I used to commute 170 miles daily while in California. Then my commute dropped to 110 miles in Idaho. Now, I stay with my kids, whom, ride their bikes to school with me. My Wife rides her bike to work, and maybe 3 times a month will drive the Jeep.
while we are looking at NEEDS VS. WANTS, will someone tell my wife I NEED a new LCD Flatscreen..............:D
You're more than welcome to try and commute 15 miles on a bike in Atlanta traffic. I feel that being in a car around here is dangerous enough.

I'm with you on the LCD flatscreen though.

SparticleBrane:
Ironically enough, oil companies don't set the prices for oil. The prices are set per barrel by commodities traders....so if you want to blame someone, blame commodity traders and not oil companies.

Although there is truth to this, in today's vertically integrated oil production, refining and distribution business, the oil companies do help set the final price of gasoline at the pump because they have control of the rest of the "oil in the field" ---> "gasoline at the pump" process. To a large degree they can set the margins on the refining and distribution ends of the puzzle.

drbill:
Although there is truth to this, in today's vertically integrated oil production, refining and distribution business, the oil companies do help set the final price of gasoline at the pump because they have control of the rest of the "oil in the field" ---> "gasoline at the pump" process. To a large degree they can set the margins on the refining and distribution ends of the puzzle.
Yes, but I did want people to realize that it isn't all the fault of the oil companies. People are very quick to find a scapegoat (as long as they're not pointing the fingers at themselves).

What does cost have to do with gas prices? Lots of products, including fuel, are more based on the What The Market Will Bear principle than anything else.

In short, fuel prices are high for the same reason sports ticket prices are high; we'll pay the price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom