Exxon Profits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

merxlin

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Put your hip boots on and cover your noses, it's the quarterly time of year when we get to hear from the oil companies about how they are barely sqeeeking by......
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16926620/

I love this news. This is the best news ever.

For the people that get pissed off (I'm not saying you're one of them... but they are out there) at companies making huge profits, I have a tip for you:

BUY THEIR STOCK.

You'll make money too. Or, you can just whine about how they're making "too much" money. Me, I love it when my utilities and energy stocks are surging. I can't love it enough.

You won't hear Exxon saying they're squeeking by anytime soon. Life is very good there.

Ford? That's another story...

---
Ken

Ford had the worst quarter ever I think.

catherine96821:
Ford had the worst quarter ever I think.

Sure did.

So lets review - a company that gets most (if not a huge percentage) of their profits from stuff that goes into cars.

And a once-mighty car giant reporting its worst loss in its 100+ year history. I believe it cited falling demand for its most profitable (and clearly overly produced... nice sentance, Ken. Too much inventory caused by poor forecasting of market demands. That's better.... :) ) large SUV's, and some restructuring costs from closing a bunch of plants (also due to poor demand for the stuff its making.) Ford is gonna be in the red for another couple of years.

Where is all that gas that Exxon is selling going?

Hmmmm.....

---
Ken

ask Lou Dobbs...he says we are doomed.

catherine96821:
ask Lou Dobbs...he says we are doomed.

Keep this on topic. We're talking about the greed mongers (errr... successful businesses).

Don't wander or I may need to slap ya. :catfight:

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
I love this news. This is the best news ever.

For the people that get pissed off (I'm not saying you're one of them... but they are out there) at companies making huge profits, I have a tip for you:

BUY THEIR STOCK.

You'll make money too. Or, you can just whine about how they're making "too much" money. Me, I love it when my utilities and energy stocks are surging. I can't love it enough.

You won't hear Exxon saying they're squeeking by anytime soon. Life is very good there.

Ford? That's another story...

---
Ken

My only whine is the rhetoric that comes out shortly after these announcements. Just once I'd like to see a CEO on a big yacht in the carrib, glass of bubbly in his hand, shouting "Capitalism Rocks! America- please keep buying SUV's, SAV's, STD's, whatever it is you need to haul your lazy butts the block and a half to 7-11!". But instead they are forced to try and justify the fact that they make money, or worse, try and make us believe they really aren't making that much money.

At least they are US companies and we aren't making the Chinese any richer on this(yet).

Those evil greed mongers just keep putting more and more money into building things lke refineries and doing oil exploration. Stop this nonsense. Somehow we need to cut their profits to such a low level that nobody would even dream of putting any money into this field.

That would definitely cut gas and oil consumption over the next few decades. :)

Interesting that USA Today would have headlines about the ecological impacts of the Exxon Valdez disaster continuing on into today (no surprise to me). Of course there is nothing wrong with profits... but in this case they are coming on the backs of ecological and sociological disasters IMHO. 'Nuff said.

I haven't driven my car in nearly three months, and my golf cart gets 65 mpg. Oh, and I don't buy from Exxon Mobil (at least not knowingly). Of course I do fly jet aircraft to get to exotic dive sites... especially if they are warmer than here in SoCal!

Ken, you're just a capitalist apologist... I won't dive with you any more (at least not until you came back out to Catalina! And bring Jaye and Claudette too.).

Mo2vation:
BUY THEIR STOCK.
The name sounds a bit too much like Enron to me! They were a sure fire cert investment as well weren't they? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom