Excessive Urination Under Water?? :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TracyN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This is probably a stupid question with a simple answer but I'm going to ask it anyway. :) Since I started doing longer dives 1+ hours I've noticed that I have to urinate more frequently under water. I'm not talking little amounts either. I'm clearly urninating in excess of what I take in. On land I don't urinate any more than usual. I'm assuming it has something to do with the effects of increased pressure on the body.

Thanks I knew it was probably something simple. :)

Seems quite normal.
Just so long as you ain't skeared when it's happen.:shocked2:

Whatever you do, don't hold back on hydration!
Resistance is futile, and harmful.

Pete

The technical explanation on the 2nd post hit the nail on the head. Topside, I go every 3-4 hours even when drinking. At night, in a warm cozy bed I never need to get up for a bathroom run. Put me in in a wetsuit and anything less the 70F water and it seems like every 20 minuets I am er, rewarming my suit. Just time it so it flushes out before you end the dive. If peeing in your suit repulses you, then get a dry suite and a pee valve.

It's only excessive if it makes your wetsuit stink. Your wetsuit won't stink if you are properly hydrated unless you ate asparagus the night before. :wink:

It's only excessive if it makes your wetsuit stink. Your wetsuit won't stink if you are properly hydrated unless you ate asparagus the night before. :wink:
I'm still not going barefoot on any boat.

I take a small bottle of Pet Urine Remover on trips to spray my suits.

I'm still not going barefoot on any boat.

I take a small bottle of Pet Urine Remover on trips to spray my suits.

That's right, you do wear footwear the whole time.

No-one cares if their own suit stinks, it's everyone else's stinky suit that everyone cares about. That's why we Sink-the-stink the rinse barrels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom