Excessive Urination Under Water?? :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For tropical waters where my dives last longer, I bought a 3mm wetsuit from NRS. Their main clientel are river rafters, canoers and kayakers. They install both top and bottom sliders on their front zip wetsuits.

NRS Steamer Wetsuit at NRSweb.com

At least that took care of the warm water problem. I wish dual zippers like that were available for 7mm wetsuits.

Watch that asparagus.

For tropical waters where my dives last longer, I bought a 3mm wetsuit from NRS. Their main clientel are river rafters, canoers and kayakers. They install both top and bottom sliders on their front zip wetsuits.

NRS Steamer Wetsuit at NRSweb.com

At least that took care of the warm water problem. I wish dual zippers like that were available for 7mm wetsuits.

Watch that asparagus.
I think I'd be afraid to hang it out there. :eek:
:eek:rca:

The technical explanation on the 2nd post hit the nail on the head. Topside, I go every 3-4 hours even when drinking. At night, in a warm cozy bed I never need to get up for a bathroom run. Put me in in a wetsuit and anything less the 70F water and it seems like every 20 minuets I am er, rewarming my suit. Just time it so it flushes out before you end the dive. If peeing in your suit repulses you, then get a dry suite and a pee valve.

I have no problem peeing in my wetsuit. :)

DandyDon I agree with you about letting it all hang out around reef fish. Especially around filefish in protect-the-nest mode. However, hang-out-time in this circumstance is very limited and a wetsuit has much more bulk than mere skivvies.

My answer to TracyN is: to each their own.

I predict this thread will go for 8 pages.

Your wetsuit won't stink if you are properly hydrated..../QUOTE]

The less concentrated urine excreted by the well-hydrated diver may take longer to befoul a wetsuit, but given enough exposure I suspect that the suit eventually will smell from ammonia byproducts and other waste.

Regards,

DocV

Doc, only you could make peeing in your wetsuit sound like poetry. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom