Excessive Urination Under Water?? :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A good machine washing a few times a year usually takes care of stinky suits.

I pee in my wetsuit and it does not smell. But I do have a hard time finding dive buddies for some reason.
See a nose doctor, and don't eat asparagus.

My pee problem is once back on the boat, wet in the wind, where I was warmer in my WS than having it off.

As if at depth, the pressure helps me hold it in, even at the 3 min safety stop I *cannot* push it out. Then on the boat, with my top of the WS off, I sorely wish I had tried harder.

Finally - a good reason to use a cattle boat - or rather diving with a bigger boat that has a marine toilet. Just make sure NOT to put the toilet paper into the toilet.

Which is one of the reasons I have a pee valve in my dry suits. I pee like an open hydrant and hydrate myself before dives with water. Can't even dive without a pvalve anymore

Which is one of the reasons I have a pee valve in my dry suits. I pee like an open hydrant and hydrate myself before dives with water. Can't even dive without a pvalve anymore

I know a dry diver, that knows a dry diver ....

that had water go up the p-valve into is p-s and consequently causing damage. Thus the dry diver that knows that other dry diver, ties a knot in his p-valve, and doesn't use it.

What say the great p-valve p p p users !?!

There have been reported cases of urinary tract infections in male p-valve users. I believe the thought is that it is related to kinking or other undue resistance, combined with poor p-valve hygiene. Given the number of people who use the things and the paucity of cases, I don't think I'd abandon the p-valve for fear of infection. I'd just be careful about rinsing the tubing and valve, and treating with a disinfectant between dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom