Ethics in Spearfishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My sentiments exactly CM. I think it's about time to raise the BS flag on this guy...

:surrender:

Everything seems to sicken Rainer... my guess is... "big time poser", and he should stay home on his couch!

Chad

:D

Well said Louie!

On another matter... do you have an opinion on the red snapper issue in the SBO this year?

There's some differring opinions being stated over on the other SB, and so far nothing from any rig divers. I'm wondering if it will take a toll on the participation from rig country?

Chad

I talked to Tony yesterday, he said he was going to remove Red Snapper from the Spearboard Open. Howabout replace it with Barracuda? Just a suggestion.

As of Monday night the Hell Divers are still up in the air about the tournement. We want to do it but the cost is killing us and we're spending as much time as possible getting the Hell Divers Lodge ready for the HDR. Also my son is in the midst of getting certified and I'm not sure when the check out dive will be, but I have to be there for that.

Red Snapper isn't going to effect our decision. The decision to do it or not is how much fun we will have. We've had great times there in the past and really enjoyed hanging with all the divers over there.

Believe me, the bus ride to Tampa is a whole lot more dangerous that the rig diving itself.

Rok,

I hear you... the ride would be dangerous, but fun too!

I asked Tony about a replacement fish... trouble is this is Florida. Need I say more?

And no uncontroversial fish would matter.

Chad

And for those that don't think spearfishing is a sport, try shooting something bigger than a goldfish.

Now that's just what the doctor ordered :crafty:.
You have hit the nail right on the head here.

Chad Carney:
Everything seems to sicken Rainer... my guess is... "big time poser", and he should stay home on his couch!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

well, I must admit that it's after I shoot a decent sized barracuda that things do get a bit sporty, LOL

I rarely stone them. Mostly I shoot, fight & subdue :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom