emergency viking cuff ring assistance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am gearing up my new fusion suit for 3 dives tomorrow. The suit is new/never used and because I have 3 buddies with the viking classic cuff ring system and black latex gloves I chose that as my dry glove system.

I followed the online directions here Viking Drysuit Details - Dry Gloves

but a fusion is a bit different in that the latex seals are a bit smaller and the suit has a sort of over cuff for use with wet gloves to limit water flow.

those directions say to only insert the inner cuff into the latex seal a short distance past the taped seam. My wrist on the fusion is to small to allow the inner ring to sit anywhere but inside the wrist seal itself, is that a big issue?

Also I was barely able to pull on the latex gloves over the cuffs as they too are new, is it appropriate to leave the gloves on the cuff rings over night to stretch a bit. I am not diving contaminated water or anything like that requiring the gloves to be so tight.

I only ask here as all my friends seem to be away from their phones probably diving and I would like to get everything sorted out tonight. And no one has a fusion but they use these cuffs on dui's and bares no problem.

Thanks

I do not have the Classic Rings so I cant say for sure but I did not think you could use the classic rings with the fusion... I have the Fusion with the Viking Bayonet rings, I really wish I could be of more help, but you may want to ask over at the Whites area or just shoot the rep (divejedi) a PM, or you can shoot Bob3 a PM and ask him since he is the viking expert. I am sure it is a little to late now, since you are diving in a few hours. Hopefully you got something figured out...

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom