EFR on Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockjock3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I figure I'll post this out here due to the large number of shops, employees, instructors and the like on here.

Is there anybody on Oahu that teaches EFR. I need to renew mine and have already called 5 shops and figured this will be easier than continuing throught the phone book.

-Two shops teach it, but don't know when there next one will be, but put me on a list for whenever they do.

-One shop does, but has no idea what the schedule is so they'll have to call me back whenever the boss comes in (there words).

-One teaches it over two weeknights 6-10 and charges $100+ and then you have to buy the book.

Help please. I already have the book, prefer one day class, and reasonable price. I don't need a class just for me, but if somebody knows shop/person that holds the classes with a little more predictability and doesn't try to rob you while they do it please let me know. I can't see paying $100 or more for a class that is taught by the red cross and AHA for $50-60 with materials, and with my schedules a a one-day course is easier to work with.

Jay,
I agree with Gabe, go with the Red Cross. I believe they teach it every week or weekend. I get mine from them for free each year when they come to train lab researchers at the medical school.

Matt

I think EFR is on the same page as far as current standards as the ARC and AHA. That said, the only real advantage to sticking with EFR is if you're planning on going on to Divemaster or Instructor -- the applications are slightly easier when it's an EFR CPR & First Aid cert.

If you want to come to Maui, I'll teach it whenever you want... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom