Edited title: Google Pixel XL phone acts weird with cootwo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about a surprise ending. WOW! Not good, Divenav.

Do you actually need a new sensor, or is the timer built into the app merely saying that a year is up? You can change that timer to whatever lenght you want to allow the sensor to be used. I just ran out of the default 1 year on mine and extended it to two years. Obviously I make sure the sensor can still calibrate successfully and often spot check it against a shops sensor.

I did that last night, extending the deadline by two months, just to get things up and running until I decide for certain how I'm going to handle this scenario going forward. Not without a bit of trepidation, however, since I can't really be sure of how long is too long.

Still, it's good that this can be done in a pinch. And thank you for pointing it out. :)

Fortunately I found a workaround this morning, allowing me to use the cootwo again with my current phone.......
Actually, your "workaround" proves the fact that the issue is not with our cootwo but with your specific smartphone model.
Quote from your email to us:

"...... this morning I discovered that disabling wifi (leaving mobile data and bluetooth enabled) allowed my phone to pair successfully for the first time. Not only that, but it continues to work normally after re-enabling wfi.. I've rebooted the phone a couple of times now, as well as clearing data / reinstalling the NitroxBuddy app several times, and haven't been able to reproduce the problem even once.......
....... I guess the takeaway is that "Try again with wifi disabled" may be a viable workaround for weird connectivity issues... at least for some devices. I wish I understood why, but for now I'm just happy that the cootwo can be fully utilized again.
I'll let you know if this occurs again. In the meantime, thank you for getting back to me.......

BTW, thank you for finding it.

Last edited:
Talk about a surprise ending. WOW! Not good, Divenav.
That's OK.
As I said, we are not good at marketing ..... but we like designing innovative and good products.
I will keep doing what I like best.
BTW, the new Trimix analyzer is coming along nicely. This time will be more careful in selecting our customers.

......At the very least, if you know some Android vendors to avoid, and which ones you've tested and are comfortable with, it might be good to tell us!
There are few thousands Android models in the market....
There is no way we can test them all. Nor we have any desire to do so.

BTW, at the end of this drama we have found out that the issue is not with our cootwo device or our app, but it has something to do with the comm stack of the OP smartphone model - as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom