Edited title: Google Pixel XL phone acts weird with cootwo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made numerous attempts to contact DiveNav over the past 2 weeks, using various forums (email, DiveNav support forums, Twitter, and Facebook), and have yet to receive any sort of acknowledgement..
We do not provide customer support via Facebook or Twitter.

We got your email.

Unfortunately the Android echosystem is not as uniform as the iOS one and different manufacturers interpret and implement standards in different ways.

Bluetooth 4.2 implementations should be backward compatible with 4.1 and 4.0.
Apple does it.
Some Android vendors do not.

Get a different phone.

Get a different phone.
Alberto, that is an uncharacteristically unhelpful remark; you usually are much more helpful and informative.

At the very least, if you know some Android vendors to avoid, and which ones you've tested and are comfortable with, it might be good to tell us!

We got your email.

Unfortunately the Android echosystem is not as uniform as the iOS one and different manufacturers interpret and implement standards in different ways.

Apple does it.

Get a different phone.

Fortunately I found a workaround this morning, allowing me to use the cootwo again with my current phone. If that's DiveNav's attitude to support requests, however, I can guarantee you that I'll never send another dime in your direction. Not to mention discourage anyone who inquires about my cootwo from purchasing any DiveNav product.

As for support via Facebook and Twitter, that was merely an attempt to get your attention (as was the post here, for that matter) since it appears that the official channels are simply ignored.

Kind of makes me want to sell my cootwo and get a different analyzer.

Unfortunately, mine needs the O2 sensor replaced. I'm certainly not buying one from DiveNav, however, so it's out of commission until and unless I can find the part from another source.

EDIT: Fortunately they were good enough to list some compatible sensors on the cootwo product page, and the Analytical Industries PSR-11-39-MD is available from Dive Gear Express.

Last edited:
Alberto, that is an uncharacteristically unhelpful remark; you usually are much more helpful and informative.

At the very least, if you know some Android vendors to avoid, and which ones you've tested and are comfortable with, it might be good to tell us!

I'd say the response was an utter cop out. DiveNav knew full well that Android had numerous vendors going into the cootwo project, and obviously decided that the market was worth pursuing. If this means a bit of extra work is required to keep the app functional, then so be it... that's exactly what they signed up for.

Last edited:

We got your email.

Apple does it.

Get a different phone.

I'm a Google Pixel user and highly interested in the Cootwo, but after seeing this remark I am looking elsewhere. Had to read that response a few times to make sure I was actually seeing what I was seeing.

Way to support your userbase. #fail

Unfortunately, mine needs the O2 sensor replaced. I'm certainly not buying one from DiveNav, however, so it's out of commission until and unless I can find the part from another source.

EDIT: Fortunately they were good enough to list some compatible sensors on the cootwo product page, and the Analytical Industries PSR-11-39-MD is available from Dive Gear Express.

Do you actually need a new sensor, or is the timer built into the app merely saying that a year is up? You can change that timer to whatever lenght you want to allow the sensor to be used. I just ran out of the default 1 year on mine and extended it to two years. Obviously I make sure the sensor can still calibrate successfully and often spot check it against a shops sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom