Question Eddy current testers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you recommend to do with 6351 alloy? Is it worth it to get them tested if you have a compressor? Or is it better to just junk them?

I have 3 (1 100 and 2 80's) that need to do something... either be junked or eddy.

@tursiops, what say you?
Recycle them. Around here a normal hydro is $35 and the VE is like $20 extra. So $55+ for a tank that is worth about $15 (as scrap). Nobody will fill them either. They are more work and cost than they are worth at this point.

With your own compressor you could do it yourself of course. I don't know anyone with a home compressor who wants to stand next to them though.

I don't know anyone with a home compressor who wants to stand next to them though.

Exactly the answer I'm looking for... to the scrap they're going.

The VE needs to be done by an authorized retester not just a guy with an eddy current at a scuba shop (who can't legally mark the OP's cylinders).
Whoops. Thank you.

I’m looking for a hydro test facility that does eddy current test for the VE stamp. In Texas. Thanks
Interesting doc. To read. I stand by “Alloy 6351 T6 will not make a comeback I’m not trying to start a comment war. Information is good. For Houston locals Roger/western sales participated .

Back
Top Bottom