ebay rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepblueh2o

Reaction score
There appears to be a brand new, never used buddy on ebay. The reserve is met and the price is at $3000 . I seem to recall that there was a scam mentioned on some rebreathers. Since the price is about $2000 below normal I was wondering if this is one of those cases?

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22907

Couple of points about this particular auction - there are no "actual" images of the rebreather being sold, just stock images lifted from other websites, and the seller has zero feedback, even though they've been registered for almost two years! Do your homework before bidding.

Request photos of the actual rebreather for sale, and ask if payment can be made in person, even if you don't intend paying in person - if the seller refuses, it's a good indicator that it's not genuine. Also request the serial number of the rebreather, and see if they can supply it or not. Check with AP Valves to see if it's a legitimate serial number. Check the Stolen Scuba Gear Registry to see if it's listed (probably not because it's a new registry, but get in the habit of checking anyway).

On the other hand it could be a perfectly legitimate first time eBayer.

As of this morning, there were 2 "New" Inspirations listed. The 2nd started at $800 with no reserve. Sounds too good to be true.

The person attempting to sell the rebreather on Ebay was arrested last week in California while delivering the stolen rebreather :)

I love the fact that all the people around the world on the inspiration users forums were discussing and plotting to nail this guy and getting all the info and stolen serial numbers together as soon as his suspicious looking add appeared, before setting up a sting and arresting him. This poor sod had no idea he was being hunted from all four corners of the globe! :)

Wonderful concerted effort. :)

Does anyone know where the stolen items came from? LDS, off a truck, etc... Will the original owner get them back? Insurance might have already reimbursed the original owner.

idiot fish once bubbled...
I love the fact that all the people around the world on the inspiration users forums were discussing and plotting to nail this guy and getting all the info and stolen serial numbers together as soon as his suspicious looking add appeared, before setting up a sting and arresting him. This poor sod had no idea he was being hunted from all four corners of the globe! :)

Wonderful concerted effort. :)

Amen, brother! Job well done by all concerned!:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom