Dutch Springs, PA (pic)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice shots of the koi. Haven't been up in a month or so and the viz was crap. I'll be amazed if it clears at all.

I was up on the 11th and it wasn't too bad (Heck, I never saw the WHOLE Hell Cat before, ever!)

I just hope it's better than it ended up last year. (those zebra mussels need to work their little tubes off!)

Not sure if you have access to photoshop or not, but if so then do a google search for "underwater action". It's a great little plugin that will add the proper colour filters to the various layers of your pic to give you a much better image. Just remember to go and "flatten" your image again after running (flatten image is one of the options accessed from the tool bar).
As for hardware your strobe is way to close to your lens.. If you can mod the arm or rig up a new one it should be as far as possible from the lens and your best starting point is at a 45 degree angle. Then you can jack up the power and start getting better colour while avoiding the backscatter.
Ideally you'll want to get a wide angle lens so you can get right up close to your subject (thereby reducing the amount of water between your subject and the lens) and still capture a lot of area in your photo.
Anyhoo hope that helps.

Not very good vis today. Seams to be getting worse over the last few weeks. I hope it clears up some. Still got wet and it was great. Worked on some skills on dive number two.
DSC01540.jpg

DSC01546.jpg

DSC01548.jpg

DSC01494.jpg

DSC01518.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few more from this week! I hope you enjoy them!
backround1-1.jpg

firetruckside.jpg

masterdiver.jpg

mikebagdeck.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did not get to dive this Wednesday due to some storm cells. We were all ready to go but it never let up.

I wonder if Dutch Springs has any plans to add a few new boats, trucks, aircraft, etc. It's a great place to dive with tons to see but a few new items would be cool. Any one have any information.

nice.. great shots.. I will be there end of August.. Cant wait!!!

Nice Shots!!, Havent been to Dutch yet this year but hoping to get there soon, your photos just make me want to go sooner then later!!

I'll be in Dutch Springs the weekend of 08/23-24 for my AOW class. I'll have my camera on hand.

:14:

I'm there again this weekend

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom