Dumb question department... Dive Flags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You don't think the lighted makeup mirror would make the rig too heavy would ya? And you know... we could put a direct DV dish on top of the float, then run a coax down to a 17" plasma (nothing too big... we don't want to over do you know).

We could leave a splitter on the surface so bubba could just plug in and watch TV too!

jchapman3:
You don't think the lighted makeup mirror would make the rig too heavy would ya? And you know... we could put a direct DV dish on top of the float, then run a coax down to a 17" plasma (nothing too big... we don't want to over do you know).

We could leave a splitter on the surface so bubba could just plug in and watch TV too!

LOL. :rofl3:

jchapman3:

LOL, I hear Oceanic is about ready to make a HUD-HDTV mask soon that will go with that DirectTV dish :)

p_computers_hud_view1.jpg

Perfect! And since it's already wireless we only need the one cable for bubba!

And just in case you didn't know it...ScubaToys (http://www.scubatoys.com) is doing in-pool try-on-demos on the HUD version Wednesday evening...Oceanic Gang is flying in and everything... I plan on being there...

I thought the law in Tx changed in the 90's so that the flag had to be 24 x 24??
Maybe that was federal law change- If so, then why buy one less than that?

I found this info in the Texas Water Safety Act, September 2005 through August 2007

"(f) In this section, “ ‘diver down’ flag” means a square or rectangular red
flag, at least 15 inches by 15 inches, that has a diagonal white stripe.
Added by Acts 1989, 71st Leg., ch. 1146, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1989. Amended by Acts 1991, 72nd Leg., ch. 226, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1991."

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/pwd_bk_l2000_0014.pdf

I think you misspelled Mobilehoma... And who in their right mind forgot the kegerator and mini bar?!? (this sucks, I just went on meds for some poisin ivy I got last week, and so no drinky drinky for 16 days!) So while we're at it, hang a dive bell for deco stops, and you could fully pimp that thing out with a PS3, HD DirecTV service, internet, a MAN'S bathroom (lazyboy style toilet, so we don't have to get up), and maybe a gun turret (sp) when bubba comes back. Spear gun and grill of course, so we can get some good food while we wait. I'm liking where this is going. Does anyone have a good welder so I can get started?

I think we're going to need another float!

I wonder how long it'll be before they start selling those thing next to the Deer Blinds on the side of the road?

jchapman3:
In the for-what-it's worth department... Below is a picture of the dive flag I purchased and a monolog on how I configured it...and some things I learned REAL QUICK about it.

diveflag.jpg

Nice job on the flag jchapman3. I like that it flies higher out of the water and flies the larger 20x20 flag than the standard floating flags.

I dive in an area of heavy boat traffic and I also found the standard floating dive flags to be just too small. So I made my own GIANT Costco version of a floating dive flag.
DSC_3553Small.jpg

It also flies the larger size 20x20 inch flag and it rides much higher out of the water. The whole flag out of water is about 7 feet tall and the flag flies about 4 feet above the surface. It is bouyant enough so that I can hang lights, lobster prods, etc from the weights to free up my hands. I find that I have fewer close calls with this big flag compared to the smaller floating flags.
-Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom