DUI TLS350 lot of glue is it normal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luc Sergerie

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi guys

I just buy a second hand TLS 350 signature, the suit look really nice and fit like a charm :) But i realize it as a lot of yellow glue inside the suit on the stitch , my question is , is it normal? i am doing a deep dive this weekend , wonder if not better to make the suit check first :(

thank you

Luc

I don't know about yellow, but my brand new TLS-350 has a heavy glue coat over all the stitch as well - that's how the seams are sealed!

- Tim

There will be a swath of sealant behind all stitching. This is what seals the needle holes and prevent wicking through the threads. It's sort of like a high end Aquaseal material. It's fairly clear when new but yellows with age.

Pete

Normal, as others have said. It's a signature characteristic of DUI drysuits. Kind of a quaintly primitive characteristic that somehow "gains" by contrast to the dissonance inducing high DUI price tag. I own two TLS350's, but I am not a fan of the seams. I think DUI can do better. And all that Aquaseal grips your undergarments and undermines your mobility in the suit--at least in thoery :confused:. (Can't even spell theory correctly.)

Hi guys

I just buy a second hand TLS 350 signature, the suit look really nice and fit like a charm :) But i realize it as a lot of yellow glue inside the suit on the stitch , my question is , is it normal? i am doing a deep dive this weekend , wonder if not better to make the suit check first :(

thank you

Luc

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom