DUI TLS SE and CNSE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
My advice: eBay your play station and step up a model.
The best prices I've been able to find for a stock TLS350 was $1350 vs. the TLSse at $750. Clearly with a $600 price difference we're talking eBay-ing more than a PlayStation here. If anyone has better sources/prices or suggestions for a comparable shell suit for significantly less jack than the TLS350, I for one would love to hear it.

And thanks again for everyones comments.

StSomewhere:
The best prices I've been able to find for a stock TLS350 was $1350 vs. the TLSse at $750. Clearly with a $600 price difference we're talking eBay-ing more than a PlayStation here. If anyone has better sources/prices or suggestions for a comparable shell suit for significantly less jack than the TLS350, I for one would love to hear it.

And thanks again for everyones comments.

True. Maybe the plastic split fins and 3-window mask need to go, as well. :10:

If you fit OTR, you're in luck. There are tons of Drysuit deals on eBay all the time. You just gotta look for 'em.

Maybe you don't get a DUI. There are many other fine suits out there for your cash. The same $900 will buy you a lot more suit from another manufacturer. I'm a SoCal - so DUI was a logical choice for me. They're close, I've met them, know them, like them. When I need options or repairs, its very quick cuz they're a couple of hours (or 1 day UPS) away. If I lived someplace else, I probably would have got something else, you know?

On the subject of eBay - I just grabbed a Medium CLX450. Local seller, one dive, zip seals neck and wrists, new boots in any size I want, putting on the thing brand new, un-cut seals, the original DS bag, hose, the whole 9: $750. SEVEN FIFTY - are you kidding me???

It arrives today. If it fits (the 450's are cut a little tighter than the 350's... and a Med 350 fits good... we'll see) I'm gonna eBay my 50/50 sig that's now way too big and break even, or more likely, make a few bucks. If it doesn't fit, I'll re-list it, and make a couple of bucks, continue to dive my now-too-big 50/50 and keep hunting. Its a total win/win.

I could go on and on. My Can light, my BP/W, my Tanks, etc, etc, etc... its endless. Set up the eBay searches in your favorites (hint: sort by newly listed so the new stuff show up at the top, then just grab the URL and save it) and check every friggen day. Check a couple of times a day. You gotta be quick on some of this stuff. Contact the sellers direcly - work a deal. The best deals are always made outside of eBay directly with the seller. I could ramble on all day about eBay. The interenet is the biggest thing to hit in my lifetime, and eBay is the biggest thing to hit the interenet. To not be familiar with the workings of eBay is to be truly ignorant. You're just burning your cash.

Treasures await you on eBay, my friend.

---
Ken

PS: Check the ScubaBoard classifieds, check the gear exchange on other boards. I've bought tons of great stuff from our own people and from TDS.

I started the thread on the TLSSE and the CNSE but someone suggested to also look at the Diving Concepts suit. Their website doesn't have a link to authorized dealers, and I can only find out of state dealers on the web.

Does anyone know the So Cal dealers/shops for Diving Concepts?? It seems like I could get more options and a front entry for the same price as a CNSE?

Thanks.

Not mentioned,, but I love my CLX450. Any reason you left it out of the running?

I own both the CLX450 and the TLS350. My TLS350 stock size large fits more streamlined than the CLX450.

I paid $800 for my brand new (seals uncut) DUI TLS350 with two thigh pockets. From DIVEUS, in San Diego.

I paid $1250 for my BRAND NEW CLX450 with DUI added wrist zip seals, two thigh pockets, and knee pads. This was due to an error with my local retailer (large chain). I argued with the checkout clerk that I owed $1900 due to customizing the suit, but I finally gave in to her young and a know it all attitude, which ended up saving me a lot of money.

You can get a great drysuit with pretty much what you want for around $800 or so, if you look around.

JMO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom